Good guy with a gun.....

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
An unfortunate tragedy. I don't know that such an exception to the rule utterly destroys the "Good guy with a gun" argument.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
A person of darker skin was probably stereotyped by the officer. A tragic call but what do you do in that situation?? IDK

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It is a terrible thing. We also hear nothing in the media of the other 2 million or so times each year a good citizen uses a gun to stop a crime or potential crime.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just goes to prove that a good guy with a gun is taking that much more of a risk, not only does he have to worry about the bad guy with a gun, he has to worry about the police mistaking him for the bad guy. This was a tragic mistake.

dalscott

Expert Expediter
It is a terrible thing. We also hear nothing in the media of the other 2 million or so times each year a good citizen uses a gun to stop a crime or potential crime.

I hear about it quite often. What you rarely hear about it the good guy without a gun saving the day without anybody getting hurt. Happens more often than you think.

Reactions: Ragman

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Nor did anyone here about the minor at Red Bank tn High School who was arrested for bringing a gun to school// some student saw the gun n told the teacher. Never made the national scene