Good day everyone!

Danny_enright

New Recruit
Researching
Hey all hows it going? my name is Danny i have been a fan of this page for a few years now and i finally made the jump and became a member! What this forum as to offer is second to none and i am excited to finally become a member. I am 30 years old, i used to be employed by UPS i was a car washer and used to park the lineup of +50 cars including 24 foot straight trucks. I then become a driver and drove for UPS for 2 years, after being dogged out by UPS taking on 185 stops a day and over 350 packages i decided to make probably my worst career move and went into management which eventually killed my love for the company. I am currently in tech support for a tank less water heating company for the past year and im constantly pulling my hair out. Dealing with peoples problems day in and out drives me wild and all i can do is think about how much easier life would be if i was doing something that i enjoy. i cant help but constantly think about how much happier i would be if i was on the road seeing the country and working. I completely understand that life on the road and expediting isn't all fun and games and that entails a lot of hard work and dedication and that is something that i am up for the challenge to do.

I am looking for any insight as to where to start. I dont know anyone within the industry and i can only soak up as much info as provided info without being a member so here i am. i dont have a CDL because at UPS it was not needed so i know that would have to be my first step but i dont know what class CDL i will need nor what and if any training will be needed. i also want to know the best route would be in a sense of driving solo. From my understanding solo isnt really to common but then again i have seen quite a few solo drivers on here as well. I also have a dog that i would need to have come along with me, good thing is she is a small terrier under 15lbs and is the sweetest thing on the planet and is my best friend.

I am finally ready to get the ball rolling on this and i look forward to making new friends on here with each and everyone of you. any input that will be taken into consideration and will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Danny.

TeamHutch

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hey Danny, sure would love to see some pictures of your sweetie pup.

Class B would mostly be needed to get into straight truck. Soloing is possible but you really gotta have your game right(now your stuff lol) also Hazmat would be greatly beneficial. Seems most solo folks are doing cargo van stuff though. Hours of service has really put a strangle on solo straight trucks, where as in cargo van you don’t have much regulation. Cargo van can be tough though as you don’t have many amenities as you would a straight unless you had your own van as you get ad stuff.

I would simply recommend reading as much on here as possible on here blogs and forums. I spent 6 months just reading through old blogs and forum post soaking up all the knowledge I could. Give your research time and try to make some friends in expediting.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums