Cargo Van good companies for sprinter owner ops???

sendit safely

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
i have a 2015 sprinter 170wb , me and my wife are a team . we were with bolt looking for a better company. we have called a few carriers just looking for input thanks

sendit safely

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
good point. at bolt the dispatch would always say at least your moving when they offered not so great loads. also they have so many vans so if you would try to get money on load as far negotiation they would often say there is some one next to you who will take it. i there turn over rate is pretty quick ,often times feel as if your just disposable . its bad enough having to compete with other carriers in a area but at bolt you have to compete with so many vans in your own company.
bolt has no incentives as in fuel discounts,tires discounts or safety bonuses. they had favorites at bolt and i vary seldom turn down loads and when i did they would become upset and often take me out of service

Reactions: Moot

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Now that you have defined what a "better" carrier is, O/Os and maybe even recruiters will be better able to respond.

guido4475

Not a Member
good point. at bolt the dispatch would always say at least your moving when they offered not so great loads. also they have so many vans so if you would try to get money on load as far negotiation they would often say there is some one next to you who will take it. i there turn over rate is pretty quick ,often times feel as if your just disposable . its bad enough having to compete with other carriers in a area but at bolt you have to compete with so many vans in your own company.
bolt has no incentives as in fuel discounts,tires discounts or safety bonuses. they had favorites at bolt and i vary seldom turn down loads and when i did they would become upset and often take me out of service

Non forced dispatch at its finest, huh?...lol

Not saying this because the John is present on this website, but I still love Load One. The best company and owner I have come across since 1989.

sendit safely

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
ive heard great things about load 1 i put my app in but sadly not taking vans on right now.i put my self on waiting list as well

TFTN-one3B

Not a Member
Owner/Operator
US Marines
You basically described what most carriers are like. Either way you take it up the you know what . Smaller company: get treated better, owner is more involved, more personalized. But less freight, usually bottom feeders loads, or loads that go to BFE. Larger company like bolt, total opposite in almost every aspect.

That being said, I was previously with bolt as contract driver before I became an owner operator in a van. Since then, I have ran for big, small, mediocre companies. Currently with Panther(stay the heck away from them). My advice, stay where you are at for now. Grass isn't usually greener.....

Reactions: RoadTime