GM Plant Closing

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I don't seen it having much effect on expediting. It's just shifting shipments to different receivers.

Reactions: davekc

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
That's how I look at it. Been some time since we have even been to a GM plant or supplier of theirs.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
All the cars -how many brands do we need? Most are clones of each other. We can’t drive all the ones Japan and Europe make now. IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I was going to buy a new Cruze, I walked out of 2 different dealers because they could not complete the deal on my terms. And if they were honest about it, I may have altered my terms, but they tried to slip things by me thinking I would not notice.

I don’t want a big gas guzzling SUV, but I know I am the exception.

I almost wish gas would go back up to $4 a gallon.

dalscott

Expert Expediter
I was going to buy a new Cruze, I walked out of 2 different dealers because they could not complete the deal on my terms. And if they were honest about it, I may have altered my terms, but they tried to slip things by me thinking I would not notice.

I hear what you are saying. I remember back in the mid seventies when gas went from 30 to 60 cents per gallon overnight. The big cars were instantly worthless. You couldn’t give them away. People don’t realize that history repeats itself.
The big problem I have with today’s cars is that they are so cramped inside. I would bet that if you could get one with a bench or split bench seat, no console, and a less intrusive dash, cars would start selling again.
Of course, this is America where bigger is always better whether you need the size or not. It’s a status symbol for a lot of people.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator

Kinda the same experience with my sister. About 2 years ago she was going to buy a new Volt, found one online, called the dealer, made the deal over the phone, then went to test drive it. When she showed up they changed the deal..... All of a sudden they couldn't sell the car at the agreed price, so my sister walked away. A couple of days later they called her to ask her if she changed her mind to buy the car at the new unfavorable terms. My sister asked if they changed their mind to sell the car at the previously agreed deal. She was so disgusted that she swore off Chevy altogether. She ended up buying a brand new VW Jetta at half the price of the Volt. I know, not hybrid, but...

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Reactions: skyraider and Solar