GM in Louisiana

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Just announced that GM is suspending production at it's Louisiana facility. They stated that most of their parts come from Japan and that plant was destroyed by the quake.

What effect this will have on our Expedite community, don't know, but it can't be good. :eek:

I guess on the other side with the Japanese plants being out of commission that could be a plus for Ford,GM, and Chrysler. People might really buy American again. Wouldn't that be a switch.

Last edited:

fortwayne

Not a Member
GM will shuffle the deck and be up and running shortly. Don't let some ill advised, basketball/golf focused, one term president make u nervous.
GM knows what they need to do, I'm not sure Obama knows what he will do five minutes from now.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
In almost 3 yrs, i have been down to that plant 1 time....but with GM's stock going down again below the original offering and barrys buddy that was the CEO leaving n a quick exit, things ain't all that good at government motors right now anyhow....oh then there is the "volt"....:p

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
GM will shuffle the deck and be up and running shortly. Don't let some ill advised, basketball/golf focused, one term president make u nervous.
GM knows what they need to do, I'm not sure Obama knows what he will do five minutes from now.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

When did GM suddenly\y start knowing what they need to do? The4y haven't been like that in a very long time.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
OK I have to say this, why would I buy a GM truck when critical parts are made in Japan?

I thought the Japanese were the enemy for GM, they could not compete against the Japanese in their home market and caused us, the US taxpayer, to spend billions to 'save' GM from those horrible mean Japanese who are making a better product?

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
http://blogs.wsj.com/drivers-seat/2011/03/17/quake-related-shortage-idles-gm-plant/

maybe they should source their parts "lacally" like honda does in the usa. parts for american cars made in america. must be a new concept or something.

isn't this a company bailed out buy americans? where is the demand and outrage for american content? o yeah. we don't care. americans are apathetic to that sort of thing. corporate loyalty to the country bailing it out of debt' debt of honor? nahhhh.

Last edited: