Getting the boot :-(

lostroamer

Expert Expediter
Well Bossman(my 0/0) held a driver's meeting last Saturday(16) and told us with rising diesel prices and less runs he is going to let some folks go. He is selling off two Kenworths and parking my FL70 next month if business dosen't improve quicly.
After the meeting and waiting for the others to disapper I approached the o/o and asked him if I might try to drum up some runs for the truck, He smiled at me and said I didn't understand that side of the business, and he may be right...But I have contacts that do and they might help. He smiled again and said.." If he can't keep the BIG trucks running there can't be that much out there for a small truck, but go ahead and give it a shot just tell them it will be my descision and authority..my truck and driver after all."(He really is a nice guy or I would not be with him.)
Any ideas out there how to keep the FL70 running. She is a 22' with sleeper, dock capable, 2000 modle with 157600 mi on her. Just renewed the DOT inspection last week so good to go for another year. She is in the yard at Seymour,In.
Reply by this forum or if you have a hot lead call me at (812) 526-9996
house or (812) 390-0903 cell. Thanks Guys. :-( :(

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
May we know who you're driving for NOW first... so we don't recommend you call them and embaress ourselves? :) :) :) :)

Dreamer

lostroamer

Expert Expediter
Lawrence, He is on his own. He owns 7 t/t and 2 straight trucks. He has the straight truck leased to his own company and dedicated to Seymour Tubing. Hope this answers your question.

lostroamer

Expert Expediter
would the fellow from Eagle please send me your contact info again, my notebook writing was completely unintelligable..My boss does want to talk with you, by either e-mail or voice. Thanks