Getting started in hot shot driving

G

It was great to be referred to this site as it's quite tedious finding info on hot shot driving. My husband is negotiating to drive for a company his brother works for, who is making more money than we've ever seen. Any information on the legalitites that need to be taken taken care of and step by step operations of this would be great. We've considered learning all we can about freight brokerage also. Thanks so much!

G

Are you talking about HOTSHOT "Flatbed? or expedite trucking? The two are kinda different

G

Sometimes the money up front seems like a lot,but after paying overhead and expenses,it can come out to a lot less. Just like gamblers and the stock market,you only hear about the good hits and the good wins.Look at the big picture and don!t be swayed by what looks great on [paper.There are a lot of good experienced expediters on this web site ,that can answer most any questions you might have.

G

You are right, this is great. Also try www.jroman.com as another great forum. Try the search capability as a great way to find posts on specific subjects. I read the thing from top to end when I started researching expediting as a possibility. Next question of course is which company is he working at to make good money. Might not better answer that. They'll be overwhelmed with applicants. Good Luck to you Guys. Ed & Margi