Get Out And Vote

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I did my civic duty and voted. Tonight I will marinade a large green olive, stuffed with a pimento, in a glass of gin with just a few drops of vermouth and watch the election returns. Tomorrow I go back in service regardless of who won the presidential election.
voted.jpg

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I went to the County Clerk's office 3 weeks ago and voted in-person absentee. Kentucky doesn't yet have the no-excuse early voting that's all the rage these days.

I'm skipping the gin and vermouth because I'm in-service... and I don't drink anyway. But I may go with olives on a sandwich or something.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Went to local polling place around 15:00 and did the deed.

Catching the early local coverage on Fox8 and enjoying a Yuengling "Black & Tan".

Wife voted early yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
If they had that at the voting stations, more people would vote. Get a free martini with every vote!

Reactions: Moot

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I went to the County Clerk's office 3 weeks ago and voted in-person absentee. Kentucky doesn't yet have the no-excuse early voting that's all the rage these days.

I'm skipping the gin and vermouth because I'm in-service... and I don't drink anyway. But I may go with olives on a sandwich or something.
6257614-funny-sandwich-with-olives-vegetables-and-dill-hair-Stock-Photo.jpg

Reactions: Turtle and Moot

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Moving to the Chardonnay ...

Will see how long that lasts ... may have to go take inventory of what's in the liquor cabinet ...

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Last edited:
Reactions: Moot

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Tom Brokaw just announced on NBC that Trump still has a chance to win. Wow! I might stay up to see if his prediction bears out.

Reactions: Turtle

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wake me when its over. On second thought don't. I can wait till morning.

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Looking at what is predicted on the winnings Clinton won't have enough to pull off a win trump will win

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
12:00 midnight. Just dropped a few cubes of ice into the glass and anointed them with a healthy dose of Black Seal Rum. Waiting for MI or PA to fall into place so I drink the victory toast and go to bed. If one of those falls into place I won't even try not to gloat tomorrow morning, if for no other reason because the pollsters were so wrong.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Was I ever wrong! I thought for sure Clinton had it in the bag. This is change. It might not be for the better but it is change. Real change! I hope what Trump brought to this election (politics not as usual) will carry over to the mid-term elections in 2018.

Reactions: Ftransit

blackpup

Veteran Expediter
Was I ever wrong! I thought for sure Clinton had it in the bag. This is change. It might not be for the better but it is change. Real change! I hope what Trump brought to this election (politics not as usual) will carry over to the mid-term elections in 2018.

Wondering what sort of change would be best for the US ?

jimmy

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Was I ever wrong! I thought for sure Clinton had it in the bag.
A lot of people thought that.

The Democrats, and especially the mainstream media, takes Trump literally, but not seriously. His supporters take him seriously, but not literally. There ya go.