George Lucas says world will end in 2012

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
Telegraph Jan 21

Seth Rogen, a comedian and actor, said that he was left speechless by a recent conversation in which George Lucas, the producer of Star Wars and other Hollywood hits, told him of his belief that the world would end in 2012

Lucas made his claims at a meeting with the actor and Steven Spielberg, the director, to discuss a film project.

Rogen told the Toronto Sun: "George Lucas sits down and seriously proceeds to talk for around 25 minutes about how he thinks the world is going to end in the year 2012, like, for real. He thinks it.

"He's going on about the tectonic plates and all the time Spielberg is, like, rolling his eyes, like, 'My nerdy friend won't shut up, I'm sorry ...'

"I first thought he [Lucas] was joking ... and then I totally realised he was serious and then I started thinking, 'If you're George Lucas and you actually think the world is going to end in a year, there's no way you haven't built a spaceship for yourself ... So I asked him ... 'Can I have a seat on it?'

"He claimed he didn't have a spaceship, but there's no doubt there's a Millennium Falcon in a garage somewhere with a pilot just waiting to go ... It's going to be him and Steven Spielberg and I'll be blown up like the rest of us."
:p

Not much point in discussing the next project really is there George? :D

ftp000

Expert Expediter
Sounds like Seth Rogan just talked his way out of a project with Lucas and Spielburg. He musta been high when he said this........nah. I'm sure he never uses drugs.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

WestSide

Seasoned Expediter
It's hard to make predictions, especially about the future, though the History Channel broadcasts make some compelling arguments to support Lucas.

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
Excerpt from the History Channel
2012 — History.com Articles, Video, Pictures and Facts

The End of the World?
The Maya who developed the Long Count calendar believed the end of one cycle would simply signal the beginning of another. According to this logic, a new Grand Cycle will start on December 22, 2012. However, some people in the U.S. and Europe have come to believe that the calendar will not reset itself. Instead, they say, the end of the cycle will bring the end of the world. Some of these doomsayers claim that there is a scientific explanation for their prediction: On December 21, they say, the winter solstice and the Milky Way's equator will align. (For their part, scientists point out that the coincidence of these two events will actually have no effect on the Earth--and furthermore, without 20th-century radio telescopes the Maya could not have known that the galactic equator even existed, much less where it would be in 2,000 years.) Other prognosticators have more outlandish theories. Some believe that the Maya were following extraterrestrial instructions when they developed their calendar, for instance, while others fear that aliens will use the Long Count calendar to time their takeover of our planet. Either way, this vision of the future is an unpleasant one, combining Biblical plagues like fires and floods with more cinematic catastrophes like planetary collisions, extreme global warming and mass extinction, and explosions large and small.

Today, there are more than 6 million Maya in Mexico and Central America, and very few of them are expecting Armageddon in 2012. (In fact, scholars say that Mayan communities call the end-of-the-world stories “gringo inventions.”)

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I thought the Maya civilization was destroyed and no one left. There are 6 million of them?

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
I thought the Maya civilization was destroyed and no one left. There are 6 million of them?

Hmmm good point Greg :confused:

This from the Telegraph today.

Stars who fear the end of the world in 2012
It is not only George Lucas who fears the end of the world. Several celebrities have come out with bizarre beliefs that we are imminently facing the apocalypse

Actor Ashton Kutcher is preparing for the end and has ramped up his workout routine to protect his family.

"I'm going to be ready to take myself and my family to a safe place where they don't have to worry," he told Men's Fitness. "All of my physical fitness regimen is completely tailored around the end of day," he explained. "I stay fit for no other reason than to save the people I care about."

Rapper Lil Wayne agrees with Lucas that 2012 will be the end of the world.

"The world is about to end in 2012," he told Bender magazine. "The Mayans made calendars, and they stop at 2012 ... The world is about to end as we know it."

Apocalypto director Mel Gibson said while promoting his film in 2006 that the Mayan civilisation and the United States have a lot in common

"The precursors to a civilisation that's going under are the same, time and time again. What's human sacrifice if not sending guys off to Iraq for no reason? ... I just wanna draw the parallels. I don't wanna be a doomsayer, but the Mayan calendar ends in 2012. So have fun, boys and girls!"

Star of the disaster film 2012, Woody Harrelson, said, when asked whether he thought his film was nonsense or could contain some truth: "ecologically, we seem to be right on target. I am really concerned with that because we are moving towards a very difficult time."

Ghostbusters star Dan Aykroyd said 2012 "will be the end of consciousness and the end of perception as we know it" – and it will involve UFOs, he added
:D

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Our tour guide to the Mayan ruins of Uxmal last year claimed to be a decendant.

0576ef21.jpg