Generators

G

I am looking for the best generator to buy for my truck. I want it to be able to heat, cool, charge the batteries and keep the engine block warm in the winter. If y'all could tell me your experiences with them and the good and bad about them. Thanks, John

wwarriorr

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have a 1 ton van with a coleman 1850 wat gen in the front, it's perfect for a 7,500 btu air conditioner, but it won't hold a heater. I am looking at a 5,000 wat gen, for both air and heat. coleman does offer one with battery charger, but it's pricey.

Eli

WendyCal

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
We have an Onan/Aux generator that does all of the things you want it to.

Our problem with this unit is that we do not go into Canada, and we've had problems with getting the unit serviced here in the US -- although it carries the Onan name, most Onan service centers will not work on it. The Onan/Aux people up in Canada have been EXTREMELY helpful -- they actually sent their supervisor and a tech down to Detroit to meet with us and work on the unit! -- even though the problem seems to have been the installation job that AlumiBunk was responsible for.

The only other option i know of for the kind of unit you are looking for is the Rig Master, but they don't seem to have a Web Site.

Hope this helps!

Godspeed to all of you out there on the highways and byways!

freespiritmom

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
We own/operate a Rig Master generator and enjoy the comfort of ease of operation,plus the great susport system for service.
The Rig Master has an independent air conditioner/heat pump that services the truck,a D unit, with excellent climate cntrol and charges the battery,plus heats the truck engine via electical current form the generator.You may contact Rig Master at 1=800=249=6222.They are located throuhout the U.S.and Canada.