Generator set up for a FL 70

Bearcat

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Looking for a generator setup for my FL 70. I looked at the proheat ice but don't think this will work as the sleeper is only 26 in. I would like something that heats in the winter and cools in the summer. Was thinking a generator with 12 volt plugs and run a extention cord inside. Then find something for both seasons to plug in. Also plug in the truck during the winter. If you know of any type of setup that will work, could you post it here with the web site address (if you know it). Thanks in advance.
Randy

elmerswabit

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have an rigmaster generator on my fl-80 and it has paid for the cost of purchase just within the past year.It provides both air conditioning and heating that are totlly independent of the fl-80 or if you may - it is a self contained unit.However,it is not without its minor problems,my unit had a bad relay valve that was replaced several times and still would no operate the heating unit.It is an easy problem to correct,you just remove the automatic relay valve on the heating unit and replace it with a ball valve and presto heat.All you do none is manually turn the heat on and off.The rigmaster is great for both heating and cooling,plus the savings are sustantual.We have 2780 hours on the main engine and 2700 hours on the rigmaster.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
trade in your fl70 and buy a new western star from tsi 800 388 3850 and put a pro heat ice on it and you will have all your problems taken care of, i have both proheat and western star
if it's not a star it's not a truck

Bearcat

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I wish I had $100,000.00 to pull out of my ##### to buy a new truck but unfortunately I don't. If I did, I would buy a century class freightliner with full sleeper and tandem axels with all the bells and whistles. Stuck with what I have for a couple years so have to make do. Keep us posted on how well your western star is performing. Looks like this market will continue to spawn new and better trucks. Thanks for the post.
Randy