GE and Iran

bernieh48

Veteran Expediter
Just a quick note for those that haven't heard. As I was listening to Glen Beck's radio show on Headline News on xm radio the other night. He had a great story and segment on GE and Iran.
Now first off let me say. I'm not sure if many know but GE is one of the worst customers already when it comes to low fuel surcharges they pay. With most expedite companies they give GE a big discount on the fuel surcharge. Wish we were afforded the same discount on the fuel we have to buy to haul that load. LOL

Well my hubby and I for one don't haul very many of GE's loads anymore anyway as we do mostly govt. freight.

I am not very good at finding and posting links so if someone can find this story on their website go for it. LOL

GE is a global supplier of goods all over the world. While we all know this already how many of you know that these supplies that go out are being resold to IRan who in turn is using some of the higher end stuff to send their cronies to Iraq and kill our very own US soldiers fighting over there. GE has been confronted by this in the past but has tried to brush it under the rug. Well they were just investigated again for goods sent to Germany that were then sold to Iran again and used in Iraq. When questioned again, GE's response was well we will get around to checking into this and if we find this to be true we will not sell to them anymore. GET AROUND to checking on this? I find this flabergasting. Folks whether you are for or against this war in Iraq really makes no difference on this issue. I personally have family members serving over there and find this disheartening to know that they might get killed by technology type stuff that is actually coming from their own country.
This is manily a FYI on this topic and let you check into it on your own.

Thanks so much.

jwc

Seasoned Expediter
Also heard that they are moving thier jet eng div to V. N. i think that i don't buy any of their products anymore

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Same story, different decade. We hadn;t lost any aircraft in Vietnam, until some of "our" technology slippped thru the cracks (believe it was a gyro), then we began to loose many.

Money has a way of getting things done. Somehow.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Unfortunately much of our technology is already on the open market, GE is just one of many stories...