Gaming is changing.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
We all play some sort of game with our devices, either a simply game of cards or word games or FPS game. What ever your into I really like the direction some games are taking us.. Forcing you to get out into the real world and interacting and actually meeting real world people, instead of sitting behind a desktop with a screen name. They are taking a whole new direction and I like it.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
And this one from the makers of Ingress. This looks like a good game that will help you connect with your young kids and get them out of the house and out from under the TV.
Discover Pokémon in the Real World with Pokémon G…:

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
And of course for those who don't know about Ingress. This is a great game to get you out of the truck and moving around.. Walk a downtown district almost anywhere. Join a faction in your home town and control it. Meet people and see new things while playing a game. Great game for those of us on the road..
Playing Ingress:

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I downloaded it today...Ingress...haven't done anything with it yet except to choose a faction (Green)

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Emerald City mission mosaic, Plymouth Mich. About 3.5 hours to complete. Total of 18 missions to complete the mosaic. 1456930530768.jpg

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Frog...lol.
You get one chance to change factions. The Resistance needs you. :D
Enjoy the game.
I agree! It is frustrating at first trying to figure out why you hack... Then it starts to make sense when you gain enough strength to take over portals. Then you are on a fun adventure to turn everything to a different color. I am still hoping at the Expedite Expo that I can do a mission which I still have not been able to do.

Reactions: Slo-Ride and Turtle

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
I'll try to find something that shows you avaible missions before ya get down there so ya can plan which ones ya may want to do. Like I said before they are available down there and I have done a few of them. Most pertained to distillery missions. Just on the edge of downtown there is a mission at the college.. Easy walk but dur to the narrow roads its a little rought for parking but it can be done. Remember some are single missions and others are mosaics, banners or mission series that produce a image in your scanner. You can still do any if them as single missions but if ya want to produce the image you have to follow the order of missions. Also some are just visit and hack and others are destroy/capture portals or upgrade portals.

Attachments

• 1457036595180.jpg
    1457036595180.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 22

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Not a real badge but funny. Send to your daughter if she hasn't seen it yet she will/should get a kick out of it. This is awarded as a joke to agents that won't walk in place of their Trekker badge. :D

Attachments

• 1457037408450.jpg
    1457037408450.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 27

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We were just in Denver at the Rick Ash TA and walked over to the Bass Pro Shop and the movies. Lots and lots of portals here and many were white. I took over all that I could on my way to the movie and was eagerly anticipating going back out and getting the rest of the portals... Well by the time we got out someone had turned them all Blue except for two. So off we went so that I could kill them which I quickly preceded to do. Then it got weird. As I was deploying my resonators and looked back the other portal MY PORTAL turned green... So we started looking for the culprit and found him... We had a great conversation as he is a level 10 and plays with all of his family. He really had some great stories of people that he has met and places they have found. He let me finish taking them over since I am only a level 7. He was pretty excited that I would have so many unique portals that we have visited which I thought nothing of. I am asking my daughter about the drive by hacking as she does this also. Right now she is in England and cannot use data so she is in withdrawal. I would love to catch up to her while she is overseas.

Reactions: Slo-Ride

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Yep as drivers we will get a lot of unique visits/hacks and captures, way more then the folks that never travel and only play in their home town.
Glad your getting the full experience of the game, there are some out here that take it so serious they forget to have fun.
For sure I wanna make all things blue but along the way, I wanna see things and met people. Sounds like the guy you met feels the same way..

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
So off we went so that I could kill them which I quickly preceded to do. Then it got weird.

scared-turtle-s.jpg

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Not a real badge but funny. Send to your daughter if she hasn't seen it yet she will/should get a kick out of it. This is awarded as a joke to agents that won't walk in place of their Trekker badge. :D

I asked Brandy about this and she really laughed and said "Not Yet!!!"

So the two people we have met have both just enjoyed the game, finding new sites, and meeting new people. Brandy met a guy that really kind of scared her as he was so intense about the game.

Here is a screen shot of where I stand now. I am making progress to reaching level 8

IMG_4402.PNG

Reactions: Turtle

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Nice on progress to leveling up to 8. Your really going to enjoy the new level8 bursters when ya get there.
I think sometime in November brings double AP so ya wanna level as far as ya can now. From level8 and up the numbers needed to level up are about to get crazy. Badges will also became a factor in leveling up also. Without certain badges you won't be able to advance until you obtain them. Many players get stuck @ level 13 because they don't have enough badges.
I'm closing in on L14 but still a little ways out.

Attachments

• 1457623651805.jpg
    1457623651805.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 12

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
That is an amazing amount of unique portals! I have a long ways to go to upgrade but my goal is to be on level 8 by the Expo...

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Your not that far out, its within reach. Problem with us is the truck can restrict us in our travels, but I sometimes push the limit as to where I should be going because we sit so much and I take advantage of that before I head home and even then I plan a stop if there isn't freight on the truck.
Using the Intel map will help you look ahead on your route. Every action you can do when visiting a portal will give you AP with the exception of hacking a friendly portal.
( Glyph hacking a freindly portal will give AP and also increase the output of gear you collect)
Upgrade, install mods, recharge a portal, throw links to the nearest portal.
Be careful on throwing long distance links (scuds) unless your involved in a op and are intending to block the frogs. (Long distance links (scuds) could very well block a op that is in progress for your own team)
Fielding operations are a whole new aspect to this game and usually I don't throw large fields or links in some else's back yard or area. I will throw small fields but nothing big. For areas your in a lot (or your hometown) search out and join a hang out and team leaders and op leaders will eventually pull you into a op if your available and interested in that aspect of the game. Large ops require lots of verified folks. A lot of Intel goes into this part of the game.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
So this is in another language...

Be careful on throwing long distance links (scuds) unless your involved in a op and are intending to block the frogs. (Long distance links (scuds) could very well block a op that is in progress for your own team)
Fielding operations are a whole new aspect to this game and usually I don't throw large fields or links in some else's back yard or area. I will throw small fields but nothing big. For areas your in a lot (or your hometown) search out and join a hang out and team leaders and op leaders will eventually pull you into a op if your available and interested in that aspect of the game. Large ops require lots of verified folks. A lot of Intel goes into this part of the game.

I have not done many long distance links so that is not a problem. How do you find these groups or do they find you? I know is our local town that the post office changes from green to blue and back and forth. There are several portals on main street that I try to visit when we are home. It is sad really the enjoyment I get when I see a green portal that is weak...

Reading what you have posted I am afraid I have probably broken some Ingress etiquette as I have not paid much attention when I link portals near each other. I found a bunch of metal statues in Albuquerque near the TA truck stop that were green and someone had not been maintaining them. I went through the parking lot and turned about ten of them blue and then linked what I could and made a field. The next day I went back and all were green and very strong! I could have broke a couple of them but I figured I had pushed Bob's patience to the limit so I only hacked them and got a few glyph points. They all had four glyphs to hack and I have never been able to remember four.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Sounds like your doing things just fine... As long as your not flying feilds over a huge group of portals no one (locals)should get upset. If they do too bad.. Always link to your closest portal..linking portals makes them stronger..link/field as many as ya can then make the fields larger with other portals. Layer a field makes it harder on the frogs to penetrate and knock down. Once you field over a portal no one can link or field under your field and that takes away AP from other players.
As far as hangouts in your area maybe your daughter can help ya there for your area? Since we have at least one possible frog in here, I'll ask around and try to find your areas hangout or contacts and send that via private message. Most team leads will want to verify you prior to adding you. Its no big deal and its done either in person or thru the email.. Seeing your stats here, I see no problem. Some hangouts are all business and some are just chat rooms and I usually leave those ones shortly after being invited into them. Once your in a hang out at home and over time you will begin to do ops with the people you become connected with. Be careful who you add to your G+ account and what ya say to others regarding ops. Ops should only be discussed with verified members.
Yeah don't burn Bob out on ingress..Get him signed up..lol
Happy hacking..

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Sorry, I didn't answer part of your question I think.
A scud is a link that serves no purpose. All they really do is block other players from linking and fielding. Now if you see a frog or something developing on the Intel map then scuds have a purpose, and that purpose is to block the frogs from scoring. If you see something developing at that point by all means throw all you have. Scud the whole area at that point as fast as you can. :D