Galaxy Note, iPhone 5 or basic phone

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm dropping ATT due to poor connectivity. I am adding a Verizon line to keep my phone number active. I can add a basic phone for $10 or a data phone for $40. I'll be eliminating $75 so I come out ahead either way. I'm trying to decide among these options. The Note gives a very usable screen size for data and I would swap my current number to it which would give me unlimited data in my grandfathered plan. The iPhone has SIRI. The basic phone is cheaper. I'm leaning toward one of the data phones but not sure yet. Thoughts/comments/observations/critiques?

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you're ok with the size of the phone (it's a 2 handed one for sure), I'd go with the note 2. The new jellybean os with google voice is as good as if not better than siri. And the rest of the hardware/software is fantastic.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I use the note one handed almost always but am sure for an average size hand it would be a stretch. Androids like the note are capable of doing a lot via voice. Maybe no as robust as siri but close.

I would also look at the galaxy 3s nice phones and sized between the note and iPhone.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC123 via EO Forums

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not sure if anyone but att has the note yet. Must be where you live I notice little difference from att and Verizon in connectivity.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC123 via EO Forums

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I saw the Note in the Verizon store today. It's partly where I am but other areas as well. I can take my SII and initiate email with it then scratch my ear, rub my eye, scratch my nose, then initiate email on my Verizon HTC phone and get and read the first email before the SII even refreshes the email list. I've had that happen at the house and various places as well. I'm leaning a little toward the Note. With unlimited data and it's size I could watch tv shows etc. while I'm out. I also like that I could use the stylus to write direct notes to save on the screen. My only other concern is how to carry it around with me day to day.

Deville

Not a Member
I'm going to go for the note2 as well. I have a few months left on my current contract. The Note2 will fill my need for a phone & tablet in one shot.

Doesn't everyone find it amazing how for years we were all desperate to get the phones smaller, noe the past 5 or 6 years they have been getting biiger & bigger & no one really has a gripe about it.

guido4475

Not a Member
I have a Nokia Lumina 900 windows powered phone and can't stand it. I was trying to get AT&T to give me an upgrade about a year early, but they won't budge...My options? Buy a Note, which I really want, and have it to replace my current phone, or drop AT&t and go with a different carrier? I've been with AT&T since 2000 and do like the un-interruped coverage I do have, even inside buildings, which I know that Verizon has problems with....Any Ideas? I need to keep my current phone #, also. I do like the Galaxy Note 1.