Fuel Prices

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Just got home from 12 days out west, Went to New Mexico,Arizona, California ,Wyoming and then to Raleigh NC. Nice running lots of $.Looks like diesel is coming down while gasoline is going up,Paid 1.23 in Cheyenne WY,$1.21 in TN etc.Gasoline in Omaha was $1.90 per gallon.. Article in this months Newport News by Pete Rigney(Silver Fox) says to wait untill the beginning of October and prices will decrease big time with Al Gore and Mrs Bill taking all the credit.Probaly true.. LOL.

The Hound

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Rich, too bad these babies won't run on Coor's! Then again, it's a good thing they don't. However , a few Coor's would occassionally make TPS offers look a little better. Not that I'd take them anyways!

Jim

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hi Rich. sounds like you had a good run. Two weeks ago there was a pipeline break near Jackson Michigan. So of course the price for regular unleaded in eastern Mich took off like a saturn rocket. This week in Detroit the price was between $2.05 and $2.10 a gallon U.S. It was actually cheaper for me to buy in Windsor, Ontario, even with the exchange taken into consideration.

The reported loss of fuel from the break in the pipeline was 100,000 gallons, and this is the so-called reason for the increase, but I think this is bunk. The loss amounts to a few tanker truck loads, and could hardly be missed in the long run. The fact that the line is closed for repairs will keep the price high for the next few weeks. Jim Bunting...

Retread

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
When diesel prices started going up in October 1999, I joined OPIS. They reported any and all problems reported by oil companies. It was amazing how many problems were reported, nationwide. The vast majority of the problems reported were So-and So's refinery reported problems with their such and such and had to be shut down for a period of 3-5 days to fix the problem. This popped up everyday! I began to wonder how these companies manage to put any product out at all with all these problems popping up so frequently. How convenient huh? They've figure out ways to cut production, raising the prices, without the government being able to call it price gouging. Slick ain't the word for it.