FUEL ECONOMY

sunset

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
i was searching the magazines for fuel economy devices and i came across a few that i was wondering if they work as they claim. some expeditor testimonials welcome. the first is the turbo 3000d. your supposed to hook it in your fuel line and thats it. no moving parts or anything. sounds fishy. http://www.turbo3000d.com

the next one is the fuel preforator you have to mount it on the frame by the engine and it is supposed to take the air outta the fuel. humpf! http://www.preporator.com

the last one is an exhaust system. the liberator muffler is supposed to replace your oem muffler and is supposed to be a free flow exhaust to help with horsepower and fuel economy. http://www.libratormuffler.com

any feedback on any you've used would be appreciated,thx.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
a friend of mind who no longer sales truck had them check out
and all they were was smoke and mirrors or snake oil
they would work in theory only, but not in real life,
only way to save money is not to idle the truck when waitting for aload, put a genset on and save money as a genset on avg uses 3 gal's
in 24 instead of 36 gal, so a long weekend laying over could get
into alot of money for idling, do way i do enjoy a proheat ice
call bill moore at tsi 800 388 3850
save 600 dollars a month in fuel

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
This is sort of related to the things in the fuel system. One thing I have is a Webb 525 fuel heater (the water jacket type) that has a coolant shutoff valve, so I can turn the fuel heater on and off, supposed to be off in summer- on in winter to prevent jelling of fuel. Guess what happens with MPG at any time of the year when you mess around with it?? If any of you folks out there can tell me you win a prize!! The "Weave" Bozo button!
Clue-- Viscosity. Can "screwing around" with stuff in diesel fuel lines improve MPG??
--Weave--

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I'm not any help on that subject, but one suggestion I may make to you guys that have to lay over for a long weekend is to get lots of phone numbers to other drivers and friends, so that when you have to lay over in an area of someone you know you can park the truck at thier home and plug it into the house and run an electric heater to the sleeper. My back lot is a start for anyone that may have to lay over in PA. near exit 3 on the turn-pike. Send me an e-mail or go to my web site for the number and your more than welcome to park it out back, and plug it in.:7 You will be in walking distance to the malls.}>

sunset

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
thanks fo the feedback on my question. but i guess noone has tried these in expediting. i'm game so if i do get them i'll try and post the results if i see a difference or not. that is if i ever get rolling again and make some cash to buy these things. weave, does it get to thin?:p

Turbo

Expert Expediter
The TURBO-3000D was patented in 1991 as a clean-burn engine device. The patents encompasss 46 specific claims relating to the clean-burn device itself. The TURBO-3000D is offered with a 60-day full money back guarantee (less the shipping). As our web site explains, any purchaser of our product who does not increase his/her engine fuel economy by 10% can return the product for a refund. As of this posting, we have in operation, thousands of TURBO-3000D's across the world. Many, I am pleased to mention, exceeding the 10% guarantee. Here's our web site for more info: www.turbo3000d.com (please see the letter from the President of TURBO-3000D at the web site):)