from heavy duty trucking september 2017

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
has a piece on using the sun to keep thing's powered up in your unit and how to use solar pane, when stopped and not running, down the road. when you idle a truck, you burn 1.5 gal's hour, where a genset only burn's about 2 or 3 gal's in 8 hour's. where solar power burn's none.
solar panels have moved off building rooftops and onto trucks, tractors, and trailers, on page 82
you can look up magazine on line, and get it for free in some truck stop's , go online and get by mail.
if you are thinking about a new unit, start checking things out. to see what is out there, study it and will that make my way of doing things easier. if I go that way how long will it take me to get my money back.
with the genset on my first truck that I did that saved me $12,000 a year in maintenance and fuel. wear and tear on engine. when I trade the unit only had 127 hours of idling on engine in four year's having it. gave better trade in to . carrier transicold , thermos king and carrier transicold offer the panels and other's