Freight slowdown warnings....

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Now you tell me
Not been a good few weeks here. Shared the parking lot of the Olive Branch J with quite a few other vans last few nights. Think it's time, as Snagglepuss would say, and "Exit, Stage Left".

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: ntimevan and Mailer

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I remember these stories back in 2009,,not much has changed...as for the J at Olive Branch ,was one of my favorite places.....where does 10 yrs go...my old van is now running HVAC calls in Morristown. My son has it now.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I remember these stories back in 2009,,not much has changed...as for the J at Olive Branch ,was one of my favorite places.....where does 10 yrs go...my old van is now running HVAC calls in Morristown. My son has it now.
Don't think it would be a favorite any more. Maintenance is lacking, help is sketchy and outwardly angry. Combination van meeting place and homeless camp, though not as bad as Tulsa. If I were rating PFJ's I would probably give it a 4.

Reactions: ntimevan

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You just love the Shopping Malls there ..
However, Huntsville AL will become a regular stop on the Expediting Train soon. Between the new plant and 2 major suppliers moving in they anticipate 6000 jobs to need filling later this year.

FB_IMG_1560715551780.jpeg

" LOAD 1 "

Reactions: RoadTime

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hmmm.....in about 6 years, this guy thinks......

"Does this count as driverless cars “taking away” jobs? Yep. By itself it’s not a huge threat to trucking jobs, but it will be pretty soon. There are about 2 million long-haul truckers in the US, and I’ll bet that half of them will be out of work by 2025."

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
However, Huntsville AL will become a regular stop on the Expediting Train soon. Between the new plant and 2 major suppliers moving in they anticipate 6000 jobs to need filling later this year.

I dont get it....its an assmbly plant..they receive stuff...if anything that will make Huntsville a worst place to empty out...too many vans coming into the area...Those 2 new supplers will prolly shuttle parts over in company Truck like Johnson Controls does in KC to the Ford plant! and JC In alabama to the Mercedes plant...no more expedite from them...

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I dont get it....its an assmbly plant..they receive stuff...if anything that will make Huntsville a worst place to empty out...too many vans coming into the area...Those 2 new supplers will prolly shuttle parts over in company Truck like Johnson Controls does in KC to the Ford plant! and JC In alabama to the Mercedes plant...no more expedite from them...
I said it will become a regular stop, not a good place for freight. It will be like Evansville which I consider drop, turn & burn.