Freighliner Sprinter - 5 Smileys!

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I had the opportunity this past week to Test Drive the new Freightliner Sprinter Cargo Van. I want to be the first to say this van was awesome! The Mercedes-Benz engine was incredible - I was really surprised with the "git-up-n-go" of this diesel engine power plant!

There is also plenty of room, stand-up room that is! You can easily haul two full size skids plus have plenty of room for a 60" sleeper. Everything about this van was impressive, I believe this van will have positive impact on Expediting. I give it 5 Smileys! :):):):):)

Lawrence
Expediters Online.Com
http://www.expeditersonline.com/dcforum/User_files/38f6ab916b891a19.jpg

IcePrincess25

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have to say, it is very impressive, just the room alone made me want one. Here is a funny...at the Truck Show in KY I asked FedEx CC if they would allow us to put these on in the future. Well, their response was "We are not sure about that because we haven't heard anything about how safe the are, if their are any issues involved with safety, and how well they would work for us." I was very confused by this response, after all what are they using in Europe anyway??

Later that week, come to find out that FedEx, not CC, but corporate had placed an order for these...1,900 or so to be exact. Funny eh? BTW, I was in Fort Wayne Friday, and low and behold, they already are putting them to use.

Just a little more useful info on that wonderful company and how one hand has no clue what the other is doing.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
i have a c unit, a new western star, if i had seen this 9 years ago i would have gone to this , i think it will take van world by storm, and go to one of sleeper places and or if your handy
this will be a great unit

Graybeard

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Can you tell me if the sprinter has the mercedes 300 5cyl or does it have a larger engine. I had a 300 turbo diesel great motor with lots of power but it was in a car.