Free showers on Oh turnpike

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Thought I'd share this in case I'm not actually the last driver in the whole country to find out - the plazas on the northern part of the pike (all the newer ones with white domed bldgs) offer free showers, they're pretty nice, just bring your own towel, soap, etc.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Maybe I had a bad day but I stopped at one of them once and it was in dire shape. Would have come out with more dirt on then when I went in.

BTW Cherri,,, Where are you going??:)

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
You must have been having a bad day, Rich! For the most part the newer service plazas are clean and sanitized. Like the other poster mentioned, bring your own personal items and the shower is on the state.

G

Yea you must of had a bad day. I have been stopping on the Ohio turnpike for the last 11 yrs taking a shower in the service plaza's.
All the service plaza have shower's for Driver's.

justme

Expert Expediter
>You must have been having a bad day, Rich! For the most part
>the newer service plazas are clean and sanitized. Like the
>other poster mentioned, bring your own personal items and
>the shower is on the state.

But if you're someone who has led many people astray, turned your back on several, and disappeared without explanation, there won't be enough showers on all the turnpikes combined to clean up that mess!

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
That's unnecessary, justme... especially from someone who has 4 posts. You must have another nick we're not aware of... how bout sharing with us?

raceman

Veteran Expediter
Wasw that directed at RichM? Oh wow! What in the world has gone on. RichM come on cough it up. LoL

Raceman
OTR O/O

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>>You must have been having a bad day, Rich! For the most part
>>the newer service plazas are clean and sanitized. Like the
>>other poster mentioned, bring your own personal items and
>>the shower is on the state.
>
>But if you're someone who has led many people astray, turned
>your back on several, and disappeared without explanation,
>there won't be enough showers on all the turnpikes combined
>to clean up that mess!

No raseman, that remark is being directed at me not Rich. The sarcastic remarks are made by a person who is hurt and confused. This person is a high ranking volunteer from another forum. The person who is making these comments really should keep her fingers from typing opinions of others, at least until she's heard from both parties. I chose to walk - n - not talk about it, but no one, I would have talked to, has tried to call me either (the phone rings both ways).

This isn't the place for the rest of this discussion, so if you feel the need to counter this lets you and I do it behind the scenes. You have my email address and/or you can PM me right here on EO, beings this is the only forum I visit these days.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think that was a shot at Teacel. Good to see you back on here. Sounds like life is treating you well from what I've read here the last couple days. You may not always agree with him, but you will know exactly how he feels.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
This isn't the place for the rest of this discussion, so if you feel the need to counter this lets you and I do it behind the scenes. You have my email address and/or you can PM me right here on EO, beings this is the only forum I visit these days.

I agree.
Lets keep issues with other forums at those sites. Nothing is done by airing it here.

Davekc

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Boy sure didn't mean to see this topic flame up.Just for the record the shower that I looked at had broken tiles,lots of mildew,overflowing trash cans, pieces of soap all over the place. Probably just needed a good GI Party.