Free dinners

bambam

Seasoned Expediter
Hilady well this is my 3 rd free dinner in the past month, it maybe just in the truckstop but it was free. i met a gentelman while doing laundry we started talking and he asked if i would be around for dinner i said probably so he asked he could take me out im thinking what the harm would that be well they alway ask if im married and i tell them YES! and in very faithful so they know but most of the just want the company so i go to dinner withthen and we usally start talking about there familys so they feel guilty going any futher but i have to say i've met so very instersting guy out here

By the way i bought a Sirurs radio yesterday and I already love it..

god bless and keep rolling

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
"Very faithful"? Never knew there were degrees of faithfulness, always thought it's like being pregnant...
Maybe I've got some old fashioned ideas, but I also thought that when it's a nonromantic situation, each pays his own way. Particularly when each is employed...
Gotta admit that I haven't been dating for a very long time, though, so maybe things are different nowadays. Even so, I believe I'd feel guilty about it, and decline the offer.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
My first thoughts where why not go dutch treat and talk as fellow truck drivers. One thing that is great about this profession is we are all equals and we all receive the same pay.
We have learned many many things by sharing a meal with a fellow expediter or even with the big truck drivers.

bambam

Seasoned Expediter
i know what you all meen but they insist on paying the only thing we do is ust talk about every thing there is nothing indesent about it. it is just much need conversation after being out here on the road
I ve told my other half about getting asked out for dinner and askes his permission everytime and he does not mind he knows how lonely it is out here just like it is for him at home. his kids have disowned him cause we are together and im younger than they are but he says he don't care cause he is in love with me. but a couple more months he wil be out here with me and ill be so happy

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
Bam:

What man wouldn't want to have dinner with a woman with clean laundry. I'm gonna have to start hanging around the wash board.

jansiemoo

Seasoned Expediter
Are there male truckers out there that can help me with MY laundry, though? I hate doing laundry, I'll buy them dinner:p

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I dunno Bam... that sounds like a steriotype... like "Women can't drive a truck." :p

-Vampire Super Slooth Trucker!!!

bambam

Seasoned Expediter
most men can not do laundrey they just shove it in but there are some that can do there own but few and far between

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I can do my own laundry but when i was on the road my wife wouldn't let me. when i got home friday i put my dirty clothes bag on the washer, my travel bag in the utility room and my empty hangers on the pole thingy. come sunday i'd have clean clothes on my hangars and in my travel bag. plus little love notes folded up in my clothes. she said it was her way of saying thank you for sending her to school.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
>most men can not do laundrey they just shove it in but there
>are some that can do there own but few and far between

This reminds me of an Ole and Lena joke. When ever they wanted to have sex they used the code word "washing machine". One night Lena whispered in Ole's ear "washing machine". Ole replied: " No tanks it vas a light load so I did it by hand, ya!"

DISCLAIMER;
Ole and Lena jokes are the foundation of Minnesota humor. They are rooted in Swedish and Norwegian heritage. I can not be held responsible for other's failure to laugh. At least I can hear A-Team chuckling. Ya you betcha!

Packmule

Expert Expediter
So Moot, Are you saying Olie didn't have to buy dinner that night?

Doing laundry back in my single days brought out my feminine side .....PINK UNDERSHORTS....PINK UNDERSHIRTS.....but sometimes depending on what I was washing I could turn it all BLUE!! Somehow I felt better about that!!.

Danny

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
yeah bambam no more miles than what you say you are getting you would have to stay out for 2 months to try and make one decent check.

FAMILYEXPDT

Seasoned Expediter
When a driver offers to buy us dinner we usually turn the tables on him and ask him to let us pay....I fight enough stereotypes in this business with having a trucking company owned by 2 women. A lot of people out here are jsut nice....having dinner bought for someone is just a nice gesture...but do try and pass it on for someone else....

-charlotte

bambam

Seasoned Expediter
ive tried but they snatch it up first but they get it first most of the time all they want is to talk but some times they want more and ive aleady told then that im ina a very meaningful realationship and they respect it

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Bambam,

Last night my wife for some reason was bored and went through the site, like she does not have enough work with her new job.

Outside of laughing and later yelling at me for some stupid remark I made, she read this thread and said something about meaningful relationships and the idea that it is alright that to get a free dinner at the same time talking about a serious relationship.

Her thoughts are that you should refuse anything free if you take your relationship seriously. Instead as she mentioned that you ask the person who offered you dinner to take the money and give it to someone that will use the money to help others, like the Red Cross, Salvation Army or a local church.

Snatching the bill up before you can grab it? Just tell the waitress that you will take the bill at the register to pay for it.