Fox News host blasts Trump

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Too bad our conservative friends here on EO couldn't have done the same.
Done the same? You mean clutch our pearls and lose our partisan minds over what is essentially fake news spin over the first half of a sentence where the second half of the sentence never gets reported because that would put the pearl-clutching comment in context? Because we instead choose to look at things realistically in the same way Brit Hume does? Because we know that what Trump actually does is more important than his salesman bluster and we can recognize his exaggerations as exaggerations when we hear them?

We all know the Constitution makes it very clear the President does not have total authority, so what the President says doesn't make any difference. The only thing that matters is what he does.

We also know that under a declared National Emergency the President has a crap ton more authority, narrowly focused on the nature of the emergency, than the Constitution allows at face value, but we also know that the additional authority is still quite limited and is not total.

And, we also know, that if the President wanted total authority, or at least something that closely resembles it, he could declare martial law and have it.

But none of that is actually happening, is it?

OMG OMG OMG it might! It might happen!

Anybody else ever notice that the complaints about Trump are never about what he's actually done, but are instead about something he might maybe possibly could do in the future? No one can ever cite an example of something Trump has done to harm the country that can be measured in any manner other than with feelings.

Personally, I prefer to clutch my pearls and lose my mind over the glorious fake news that the relief checks will be delayed by weeks or even months because of the 15 seconds it takes to "alter the computer code" required in order to put Trump's name on the checks. Some outlets that refer to themselves as news are reporting that the electronic bank deposits could be delayed by weeks because of the delay in changing the computer code to get the President’s name on the paper checks (despite the fact that people started receiving bank deposits yesterday).

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Done the same? You mean clutch our pearls and lose our partisan minds over what is essentially fake news spin over the first half of a sentence where the second half of the sentence never gets reported because that would put the pearl-clutching comment in context? Because we instead choose to look at things realistically in the same way Brit Hume does? Because we know that what Trump actually does is more important than his salesman bluster and we can recognize his exaggerations as exaggerations when we hear them?

We all know the Constitution makes it very clear the President does not have total authority, so what the President says doesn't make any difference. The only thing that matters is what he does.

We also know that under a declared National Emergency the President has a crap ton more authority, narrowly focused on the nature of the emergency, than the Constitution allows at face value, but we also know that the additional authority is still quite limited and is not total.

And, we also know, that if the President wanted total authority, or at least something that closely resembles it, he could declare martial law and have it.

But none of that is actually happening, is it?

OMG OMG OMG it might! It might happen!

Anybody else ever notice that the complaints about Trump are never about what he's actually done, but are instead about something he might maybe possibly could do in the future? No one can ever cite an example of something Trump has done to harm the country that can be measured in any manner other than with feelings.

Personally, I prefer to clutch my pearls and lose my mind over the glorious fake news that the relief checks will be delayed by weeks or even months because of the 15 seconds it takes to "alter the computer code" required in order to put Trump's name on the checks. Some outlets that refer to themselves as news are reporting that the electronic bank deposits could be delayed by weeks because of the delay in changing the computer code to get the President’s name on the paper checks (despite the fact that people started receiving bank deposits yesterday).
This is about what Baier had to say, and he is correct in his assertion that if Obama said the exact same thing, conservitive heads would be exploding. Instead the right has to change the conversation to what was done or not done, not what was said.

business-man-portrait-exploding-head-260nw-1647671452.jpg

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
This is about what Baier had to say,
But, nobody cares what Brett Baier has to say. He doesn't make policy and he has no influence on those who do. What he says is only noteworthy because he's on Fox and he criticized The Trump, therefore, "neener, neener!"

and he is correct in his assertion that if Obama said the exact same thing, conservitive heads would be exploding
Yes, he's correct. He's a veritable genius, he is.

Things like that happen on both sides. Pretty regular. I can list many examples of liberal heads exploding over things Trump had said, where the same liberal heads were silent or approving when Obama said the same thing.

I only wish that when heads on both sides exploded that it was like the 1981 movie Scanners.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I only wish that when heads on both sides exploded that it was like the 1981 movie Scanners.
I'm ashamed to say, I've never seen it.
Should i put it on my list for Classic Movie Saturday?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Just looked it up............. Nope, i don't think I'll watch it.
Well, it's a Canadian science-fiction horror film, shot mostly in Montreal and Toronto. So how good can it be? :JC-hysterical:

I don't really recommend it. It is a classic, in that sci-fi horror genre, and it did have some creative special effects.

The big finale money shot of the head exploding is a really good visual for the exploding head of a liberal, though. (warning, active link to money shot)

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Canadian horror films are about maple syrup shortages and a plague that causes us not to be polite...and they would be shot in Saskatchewan..not in Hollywood New York (Montreal) and Hollywood Chicago (Toronto).

Have a Good Day eh?

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Canadian horror films are about maple syrup shortages and a plague that causes us not to be polite...and they would be shot in Saskatchewan..not in Hollywood New York (Montreal) and Hollywood Chicago (Toronto).

Have a Good Day eh?
And maybe the Detroit-Windsor tunnel could be in there. Lol