found perfect set up for genset for a van

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
I found perfect set up for a gen set it is in 4 parts, on outside has a bar that has a box to set gen set in
mount on bumper, and swings out of way to open back doors, has electric plug in to power unit or at a camp site could plug in to shore power
has electric distribution panel, set up to run off of solar panels , has 4 heavy duty battery's , great set up
weight of all equip is about 500 lbs or so
want more info send pm

ADBrouse

Rookie Expediter
Researching
LOL's I have had same idea but minus the solar.. would be running an isolator instead. If you are in a straight , should be tons of acreage on the box to mount solar. :) Is a very common discussion thread in the Vandwelling group over on FB.. The bar thing ya talking about ?? yeah, its a receiver mount swing away cargo rack or box.. I am siding a little more closely to cargo box.. would be more secure , cut back on thieving.. out of sight, out of mind. Keeps the genny cleaner too. can always cut vent holes :)

I was also going to go with a genny that has a 30 amp outlet and have a 30 amp ?inlet? 30 amp service is the most common in campgrounds .. on the van.. run the genny as an apu ..like the big kids :) but just for the Portable A/C and battery recharge. Maybe an electric point /on demand type water heater..