Former Maryland Governor O'Malley announces presidential bid.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Unless O'Malley has skeletons in his closet unbeknownst to the public, he should give Hillary Clinton a chill down her spine. The last time Mrs. Clinton sought her party's nomination, a relative nobody beat her like a drum.

It is good that the Dems will at least have choices to ponder.

Yowpuggy

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Unless O'Malley has skeletons in his closet unbeknownst to the public, he should give Hillary Clinton a chill down her spine. The last time Mrs. Clinton sought her party's nomination, a relative nobody beat her like a drum.

It is good that the Dems will at least have choices to ponder.
The nobody beat Romney and McCain like a drum too, that should make him somebody. You're very rude

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The nobody beat Romney and McCain like a drum too, that should make him somebody. You're very rude
You're confusing rudeness with hard truth. At the time she ran against Obama in the Democrat primary her unfavorables in the polls were over 50%. No candidate has ever won with those poll numbers. She was an incompetent, corrupt and offensive candidate then and nothing has changed since that time. Since then we have only seen these shortcomings displayed in spades during her tenure as SECSTATE.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I say she's not - and good for us!
Partly because we just had our first black president, and the experience wasn't encouraging. I think some of us need to evolve more before we try anything radical like a non white male again - but they won't get a long time to adapt, IMO.
Also [and especially] because she is the wrong woman.
I like O'Malley, but it's early days, yet.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

That's not rude, and neither is it "hard truth". It's an opinion, is all. To most people, Obama was a "nobody" when he began his run. To those who knew and supported his decision, he was definitely somebody.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
We've had this discussion before.

If the party nominates her, watch for mass defections of everyday voters.
What is an everyday voter? Mark my word, when all said and done, If Hillary gets the nomination, she'll have widespread democratic support. And she'll campaign as the most liberal candidate yet. Even more so than Obama. In the end, the Dems will back her overwhelmingly.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Those that vote like daddy did.
Very few of them left in the Democratic Party to make a difference. The ones that are independent voters may not vote for her too, but it still won't matter. Just ask Romney. He won the independent vote and still lost.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Very few of them left in the Democratic Party to make a difference. The ones that are independent voters may not vote for her too, but it still won't matter. Just ask Romney. He won the independent vote and still lost.
Lesson learned. Won't happen again.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
If the Dems nominate Hillary, they lose, and they know it.

Ya read it here first.

I don't know why you think she will lose. The Democratic Party is growing more liberal everyday. She will run as the most liberal candidate in the history of Democrats. She'll out lib O'Malley and even make Bernie Sanders blush with her liberalishness.

Reactions: Yowpuggy

muttly

Veteran Expediter
The republicans will do their part too to ensure a Hillary victory. They will think she'll lose because she is a too far left candidate. They will also think that all they have to do is nominate a 'moderate' ( liberal) republican like a Jeb Bush (win Florida) for President and a John Kasich( win Ohio) and everyday voters will flock to them. If they nominate another one of them, they still lose.