For the Load One driver in Memphis

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
A load one straight truck that is parked at a McDonalds might want to move from that area. Acrossed the street there is a active shooting going on at 3rd and Brooks. It is a KFC. Not a good area of town to be in. Think it is bad now....wait till the sun goes down.
PS...seen you from the chopper 5

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks Dave, i took your message to dispatch. He is broke down.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Ok....may want to get up and running as soon as they can. Didn't see anyone around the truck but is parked in the front corner of the lot. On the street he is parked by they just roped it off. Maybe 20 cop cars there. If he can move, there is a Freightliner and KW not too far from that area.

Last edited:

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
FL is on Brooks..can't be much more than a mile away from that intersection. Definitely a bad area. C&M sent me to the diagonal opposite of that same block once for a pickup. That's when I knew they were definitely wanting rid of me! :D

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
He is fine with all the police cars there. Once they leave, who knows?

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
That is actually 2 fairly busy streets. If it is in the front lot...probably fine. I wouldn't stick around that area very long myself, but that's the driver's decision.

I'm kinda thinking that he/she knows more about the current events there than we do...lol...IF he/she is in the truck. Probably sitting inside McD's with a front row seat...lol.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Getting him on the news was part of our branding/marketing program. :cool:

Plus everything is cooler from a helicopter, especially Load One! LOL