Follow Me

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Is anyone using the Follow Me program to receive emails and phone information about loads?

We have started using this and have our parameters are all set and we are getting many emails about loads that we can call on.

What we have found is that we are seeing loads while we are driving through areas and what I would like to see loads for after we deliver.

Is there a way to do this?

Last edited:

jhead64

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I use the follow me. I just delete the emails for loads along the delivery route. I like to see them may to get an idea of loads in particular areas.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
You might want to set it up for phone and email. Sometimes, more than not, there is a lag in receiving the emails. Enough to loose the load to someone getting the calls also.

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I use the follow me. I just delete the emails for loads along the delivery route. I like to see them may to get an idea of loads in particular areas.

Sometimes it pays off to get those alerts along your route. You can double back a short distance for some nice loads that you might miss if you wait until destination to search. Especially when you get alerts while on your 30 minute break and you are close to your destination.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Good Information and we learned that if we would use the macros right this would all work. We keep forgetting to use the macro's correctly so that is our fault.

I do like the emails and boy are there a lot to look at.

We call many of them to see if what they have is small enough in quantity to fit in our truck we all ready know that the weight is ok.

jhead64

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good Information and we learned that if we would use the macros right this would all work. We keep forgetting to use the macro's correctly so that is our fault.

I do like the emails and boy are there a lot to look at.

We call many of them to see if what they have is small enough in quantity to fit in our truck we all ready know that the weight is ok.

What do you mean by using the macros correctly?

I do a 12 when leaving the shipper and a 14 when leaving the Consignee. And for dod loads the required ones.

Is there something I'm missing that affects the follow me loads?

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What do you mean by using the macros correctly?

I do a 12 when leaving the shipper and a 14 when leaving the Consignee. And for dod loads the required ones.

Is there something I'm missing that affects the follow me loads?

That's the only two macros I use. I didn't think they affected the alerts though.
Linda, please explain.
Thanks

Last edited:

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We were not doing the macros right and that was affecting the messages. When we do the macro we have arrived if I understand it right when we do the macro that tells al the agents that we are under a load and where we will deliver. Once we do the macro that we have unloaded that puts us back available to be called.

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We were not doing the macros right and that was affecting the messages. When we do the macro we have arrived if I understand it right when we do the macro that tells al the agents that we are under a load and where we will deliver. Once we do the macro that we have unloaded that puts us back available to be called.

Yes, but the load alerts will continue regardless of the macro use and/or load status.
Example:
Before I made my delivery this morning, I was already getting my Follow me alerts for the area I was in. By the time I made my delivery, I had many, many loads to consider.