FLORIDA FREIGHT??

G

Looking for LTL cargo to fill an E-350 with a 14' box.

Based in Orlando...can cover Florida,Alabama,Georgia,S.Carolina.

Anyone else have a Cube truck with a similar 7.3 diesel?
The mileage seems to be near 9.5 mpg. A typical run from
Orlando-Atlanta-Orlando ate up $120.00 in diesel alone.

Freight is slow, costs are high <diesel, commercial insurance>.

There's gotta be a better way to earn a living than moving freight

G

Hey PTS,

Dude, I hate to be the one to break the news but.....Florida is just a BAD state for small freight and the mileage on your Ford is WAY down! A friend of mine always gets at least 21 to 22 mpg with his E350 Ford. Could it be an injector problem?

You've got the good weather.....but we've got the freight! Snicker. Snicker! : ) I guess we can't have 'em both. 10-4.

THE X

cj

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
We have an E-350 7.3 and almost consistantly run 20 mpg. Even when we run the heat and A/C on an idle on a longer layover we will get 18 or so.

G

Hate to burst your bubbles but
NOBODY gets 20-22 MPG with a Ford
E-350 and a CUBE BOX on the back.
A standard 1 ton van maybe.Not trying to be smart but ya overlooked the fact that it's NOT a cargo van he's referring to..No way to get good mileage with a cube van, too much air drag..

G

Ok....I missed that relevant fact about the cube van. But we still got the freight (up North That Is)! : P

THE X

G

Got to give ya that one, the freight is there for sure..

G

I think that the fact that most expedite companies only look for "Traditional " types of customers is the reason why some states are "slow". Every state has computer mainframe operations, has hospitals and medical centeres, has airports, and nuclear power plants. So what do all of those have in common? They all operate on a 24/7 basis, and when something breaks down, it has to be replaced RIGHT NOW. And thats where all those " Traditional " expedite companies are missing the boat. Get away from the ' Auto Parts" roller coaster, and discover that there really is a whole new world out there, and it's one where the work never stops. The next time that you are sitting waiting for a run, think about all the essential services that we take for granted. Then think about why your company's sales people are not calling these locations and soliciting some business. It is certainly there, all around us, everyday, and in every state, and province in North America. Comments Please. Jim Bunting, Field Editor,Expediters online.com