Flooding

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Just wanted to get a real update on where people are encountering widespread flooding. I know Laredo is flooded. Anywhere else?

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Was told last night,that the reason no one is moving from Laredo,the bridge across the Rio Grande,is messed up,so the freight is stuck across the border,and isn't released for shipping

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Philly has flooding as well this morning. We pick up there this afternoon. The word is that there is no flooding were we are headed. Hope that word is right.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
obviously there is no real "need" for this freight or they'd divert Pedro to Del Rio or El Paso crossings...there just may not be the glut of expedite loads coming out...that ones expecting..

The ones DH to el paso right now might be the smartest move

Freightdawg

Expert Expediter
I picked up 30 boxes in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and delivered in Saltillo, Mexico this morning. I cleared customs inbound in Laredo, and took the airplane to San Antonio for radio work. I have never seen Laredo so busy.I was one of 8 frreight airplanes clearing inbound or outbound. 3 is the most I've ever seen at one time. As I took off, I saw probably 20 jets waiting for loads. I guess the flood gates are opening!