Fleet Vision question

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
I had a dry run yesterday.. since then my LA shows 30, but my LL shows 0.. shouldn't the LL be counting up too? I called and got Joe last night, he said didn't know why LL wouldn't start counting up.. is it because of the dry run? Just want to make sure they are seeing me as available.. I am showing green.

Dale

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
The order of oldest unit is based on the LA clock. When they put in the dry run pay it transacts like a load so it resets the LL clock.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
OK, but it's shown LL as 0 for over 24 hrs is what made me question.

Long as Im on the board, that's all I care!

Dale

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
It does that after a dry run for some reason. Don't worry the LA clock is the important one.

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
I noticed today that under one of my trucks locations it said 5miles from home and a 9 digit number under that. Never noticed this until today. All the trucks on my FV have a 9 digit number under their location.

What is this being used for?

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
I did notice that too on ours yesterday at the yard. It said we were.8 miles from home.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I think the 9 digit numbers are the satellite numbers. Not sure why they are on that screen now. Actually they have been there I think. It may be visible for some reason when they added the "home" item.

The other one was a tool that we added. So when we looked at the screens it made it easier to see who was available at home versus who was available at home basically.

Last edited:

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Where is the number that says how far from home?

looking for the number 1471....lol

other than the 9 digit number..I don't see any other info under location?

Last edited:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Where is the number that says how far from home?

looking for the number 1471....lol

other than the 9 digit number..I don't see any other info under location?

It only appears if unit is under 50 miles from home.

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
I think the 9 digit numbers are the satellite numbers. Not sure why they are on that screen now. Actually they have been there I think. It may be visible for some reason when they added the "home" item.

The other one was a tool that we added. So when we looked at the screens it made it easier to see who was available at home versus who was available at home basically.

Will this effect how units are dispatched?

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
No, it is really more a tool for us. For instance over Thanksgiving we try to get everyone home. With units based all over it is hard to tell at a glance who is available at home versus who is available on the road.

Gary, what unit number?

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
1295 makes sense. Show Romulus for trk and Utica for home.

1295 makes no sense.

garyatk

Seasoned Expediter
1295's home is Romulus...

1296's home is Utica...

So it is distance from the driver's home to Taylor...