Fleet Owners Forum/Fleet Manager Forum

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence
Let me interject this real quick......I would like to see a Fleet Owner/Manager forum here on EO. Please PM your thoughts on this.....

After reading this in another post I would post a poll on this.

How many would like to see a Fleet Owners Forum/Fleet Manager Forum?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
What would qualify as a fleet owner? 2 trucks? 5?
I am a Owner/Operator and manage ME...

Maybe next we should have a forum for guy/gals like me?

A single O/O.

How bouts a driver only forum...NO owners allowed...

If Fleet Owners get their own forum then I say they be barred from the drivers lounge..we don't need management in there either.

If fleet owners/managers want to talk specific..then they can PM.

We've already fragmented the membership with carrier specific forums..
I am against fragmenting the membership any further....
I mean where does it stop?

Last edited:

Wingnut

Seasoned Expediter
Technically, owning/managing more than 1 vehicle classifies you as a fleet owner/manager. As for the forum....I like the idea. I think it could help other owners to bounce ideas off each other to see what does/doesn't work for them...which can help make them better. I vote YES.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Technically, owning/managing more than 1 vehicle classifies you as a fleet owner/manager. As for the forum....I like the idea. I think it could help other owners to bounce ideas off each other to see what does/doesn't work for them...which can help make them better. I vote YES.

The way Wingnut explains it ..it makes sense....:)

I was just concerned about fragmenting the membership too much...

bernieh48

Veteran Expediter
I agree have one for fleet owners that drivers can't post in, but also then have one for driver's where owners can't post in. Only fair.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Would "Drivers" Be able to see what was Posted?
It could be a blind forum...would not show on the list to the regular member..only to those who are registered as a Fleet Owner/Manager
kinda like the Car Wash..only mods can see it...

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I agree have one for fleet owners that drivers can't post in, but also then have one for driver's where owners can't post in. Only fair.

What about the fleet owners who also drive? Shouldn't they be able to post in the driver forum? Do you really want to lock a guy out of the driver forum who spent many many years behind the wheel and probably has forgotten more than a lot of us will ever know just because he/she quit driving full time?

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
We have the general forum for that...I would not go that far...I mean some fleet owners are not all that hard to get along with...;)

Wingnut

Seasoned Expediter
What about the fleet owners who also drive? Shouldn't they be able to post in the driver forum? Do you really want to lock a guy out of the driver forum who spent many many years behind the wheel and probably has forgotten more than a lot of us will ever know just because he/she quit driving full time?

Good point. I'm one of those fleet owners who rarely drive anymore because I'm needed to stay off the road & run my fleet plus manage other owners fleets. I still have my CDL and drive occasionally. I've certainally spent enough years behind the wheel of a truck and know what it's all about.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
What is the difference between a fleet owner and an owner?

There isnt any I can really see. OK I give you the truck thing but really all ideas on how to manage one truck or a hundred trucks help everyone.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Hey that would be up to Lawrence on the things that people shared. I'm a driver/fleet owner so I don't know. I don't think that things should be closed off to people see what is wrote.

moose

Veteran Expediter
No need .
fleet owners will be better off posting in a place where everyone else can reply .
BTW David.... R U looking for a moderator position ? is that it ?
if so... B careful what you wish for ... look where the last one is... soaking wet in LA...

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
No need .
fleet owners will be better off posting in a place where everyone else can reply .
BTW David.... R U looking for a moderator position ? is that it ?
if so... B careful what you wish for ... look where the last one is... soaking wet in LA...

No, Lawrence would never let me be a Moderator anyway. I just like the people on EO and want to help folks when I can. In the past I have said things on EO that I wish I hadn't. Sometimes people have to learn the hard way like I did, I know now when I should keep my BIG MOUTH SHUT.

Last edited: