Flatbeds

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
What companies have expedite flatbed? Do you require your contractors to provide their own trailer or do you provide/rent them like the dry van trailers? I don't want to assume anything, but I would guess that the contractor is required to provide their own tarps,straps,chains,binders, and etc.Do you have a list of the required equipment? Thank you for the help.

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
Most of the flatbed freight is handled by hotshotters . The hotshotters making reasonable income have their own authority and equipment and usually at least 1 base customer shipping from close to their home .

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
AKJarHead;

I do not know of any "Expedite" companies that have a separate flatbed division. I worked for one company that had a couple of customers that utilized flatbeds. This was some years ago. I recruited a couple of flatbed straight truck owner operators to fill their needs. Just like a dedicated run, the need for those vehicles "dried up" after a couple of years.

Attempting to run those trucks on "normal expedite" freight (is there such a thing?) was really tough as most of the other customers had concerns over keeping freight dry and secure.

My experience tells me to suggest that you call each company to see if they have specific customers with this specific need.

Thanks,
HotFr8Recruiter

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I really didn't know because I thought I saw a FDCC truck pulling a drop deck awhile back. I also thought Panther had a flatbed division.