FL70 wiring diagram and air system layout

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Does anyone have by chance a copy of the electrical wiring diagram and air system layout for a 99 fl70 or any fl70 for that matter?

I need to fix one electrical problem and add an air outlet to my truck.

TIA

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I had seen one some time back on Ebay. It was a manual for the whole FL business class. Just a possibility.

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

grog111

Seasoned Expediter
I'm wondering about the air system on my fl106. specifically....i dont seem to have an air vent that blows heat onto the drivers side floor! that can't be right...can it?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Thanks Dave, I could not find it and asked one of the local dealers if I could get a copy - his response was for $175 I could get the entire book. I guess it is a trip to D-C.

Grog, I am utterly baffled about the heat and a/c on my truck. The sleeper taps off on both and I looked for the tap points yeterday in the rain and could not find them. I know that the heater valve cable need serious lube because it is binding and the vents and tubing need to be cleaned. I was told there is an intake filter but I haven't looked for it. I am planning on getting an APU ASAP and need to get that all straight.

The electrical problem has to do with the horn, it works when it wants to and I want to trace it to find where I have a broken wire. The relay is fine and so is the fuse. I have a feeling I need to just get aggrasive in my search to fix it.

I also am trying to figure out the sleeper electrical system, what a hack job that is right from the factory. The ac wiring runs through the aluminum framing with no grommets what so ever. I replaced one line yesterday because it was cut down to the bare neutral wire and the hot side was getting there, great fire hazard. Out came my gromet collection to do it right.

grog111

Seasoned Expediter
That valve cable is a constant source of aggrivation. I've broken and replaced that cable, broken and replaced the plastic knob, and finally given up and open the hood and adjust it manually, aarrgh! A similar problem i had with the horn had to do with the ground unit thats tapped into the right hand side of the steering column. I asked the folks at wolverine freightliner about changing the intake filter on my fl106...they said it does'nt have one. I find that hard to believe, but i could'nt find one.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well Discovered a source for the air, now I have to replace the fitting.

Interesting wiring on this truck.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Greg, does your horn work or cut out when you turn the steering wheel a certain way? If you can't isolate the problem, a cheap, legal and simple solution is buy a spring loaded push button switch. Mount it on the dash and run new wiring.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Moot,
thanks for the suggestion, the problem is in the wiring somewhere else. I took apart the ring/brush , cleaned it and tested it - it seemed to work well. I just haven't pursued the issue to much and waiting for the wiring book.

I also discovered a lot of open eneded connections behind the battery box, I am curious about what these are.