Fl70 blower motor location

idtrans

Expert Expediter
My blower for ac died anyone tell me what I need to take apart on the dash to swap out the motor

greg334

Veteran Expediter
First, are you sure it is the motor that is bad?

The reason I ask is I have replaced the blower switch three times on mine since I got it. I keep an extra around, and the dealers keep about 20 of them in stock.

By the way, take the right panel off and you can access the motor.

Camper

Not a Member
As Greg said, it could very well be a switch. I've had similar problems and it's always been a switch.

idtrans

Expert Expediter
For sure motor makes grinding sound then stops spinning after 5 minutes then a burn smell . Now you mean the panel above fuse box passenger side ?thats where sound seems to come from thanks guys

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Yes the right side panel above the fuse box. You will need I think T10 or T15 drive for the screws.

idtrans

Expert Expediter
i took cover plate of dash off and all i see is ecm looking item and lots of wires and a blue plastic covered box. I don't see what looks like a roundish shaped traditional style blower motor. this is driving me nuts LOL good part is I am sweating away fat like crazy this beats the gym LOL. Especially if I win bid on this Laredo run now

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Mine is on the right side, I had the panel off today. I was told that there are a few that are in the center.

idtrans

Expert Expediter
Ok got it out the cage is locked up so now I hunt a fans down lol luckily got a load to nd . Thanks greg you are fl70 guru

greg334

Veteran Expediter
One more bit of advice, just get it at the freightliner dealer. It will be an Alliance part and they are pretty good.

Oh another bit of advice, replace the blower switch and keep the old one.