FL 70 Transmission

G

I have a FL 70 with a Cummins c series engine and a 6 Speed Fuller transmission,Truck has 360,000 miles on it.Lately I have noticed a problem in when you are putting high torgue into the transmission(such as rapid acceleration or climbing a hill in top gear,every so often the clutch appears to slip. If you ease up slightly it starts to pull again.I was wondering if anyone has experienced this problem and knows the solution.I am afraid to mention to any dealers at this time as that means a automatic new clutch. If I do need a new clutch does anyone have a idea of the cost,really don!t need this at this time of the year.Thanks in advance.

G

can't help on your cummins but i've got fl70 with a spicer 7 speed
had to replace clutch at 240000mi cost $800 then at 280,000 mi trans. blew apart. 25 days after fac warr. Spicer said they will work with me but has been 6 weeks and haven't seen or heard anything
yet. New trans cost $4800 with freight chg. plus down time 1 week
and hotelfor drivers.

G

Thanks,I called Freightliner hot line and they said it probably needed just a adjustment,Brought the truck into our local dealer yesterday,had it adjusted,now it grabs real low,but seems to be ok when it pulls.only $35.00 not bad,, The Freightliner hot line guy said to be real careful when it slips as you could damage the engines crankshaft..