Computers fixmestick.com

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
has anyone used the fixmestick to remove computer virus?

Although, most layman reviews on Amazon are positive. I found this review the most helpful. P.S- I use Norton 360 and have had no issues.

"....I'm a professional computer repair technician, and this didn't make my life much easier.

Does the FixMeStick work? Well, sorta kinda. It runs its own Linux shell, which is a great idea. It does find and quarantine several things, but missed several critical others. We tried it on a badly malware-infected computer in our shop, and it still required using several other tools to complete the cleanup. Several quite annoying adware/grayware programs, toolbars, pop-ups, and a proxy server remained after running the full updated utility, so we essentially had to perform a typical cleanup from scratch. Couple of things you'll need to know:

1. You'll need to tell your computer to boot from a USB device. Most won't do this automatically. It's ESC, F9, F10, or F12 on most major brand computers.
2. You will need an internet connection so the FixMeStick can download its program and definition updates.
3. There are no instructions, other than the stuff written on the box, and it's not really written for laymen."

jjtdrv4u

Expert Expediter
appreciate the info, it sounds like it is another one of those overhyped quick fixes that does not fit the bill, thanks

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
If you're trying to remove a virus, do what's done in this video. It worked on a work computer.