First Outs

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In the past two weeks I have received a F.O. upon delivery for a 175 mile load and 176 mile load. I did not negotiate either of these F.O.'s. Is this a new policy for under 200 mile loads or a Christmas present just for me?

TonyG

Seasoned Expediter
In the past two weeks I have received a F.O. upon delivery for a 175 mile load and 176 mile load. I did not negotiate either of these F.O.'s. Is this a new policy for under 200 mile loads or a Christmas present just for me?

Hmmm, interesting, I have been a hard advocate to abolish the first out program. They just need to pay more for the short runs.

It is so frustrating to any driver thats been empty for a long time to keep getting bummped down on the board, and most of the first outs are given not for minis, but just to get someone to cover a load.

And for those of you wondering why I am posting here in Panther thread, I do still have a unit on with Panther :p

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
Hmmm, interesting, I have been a hard advocate to abolish the first out program. They just need to pay more for the short runs.

It is so frustrating to any driver thats been empty for a long time to keep getting bummped down on the board, and most of the first outs are given not for minis, but just to get someone to cover a load.

And for those of you wondering why I am posting here in Panther thread, I do still have a unit on with Panther :p
$
I agree. I have sat many of times because of first outs pushing me back. I would rather see a $30 bonus on runs under 100miles instead of the first out. But first outs are free so I doubt they will do that.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Is this a new policy for under 200 mile loads or a Christmas present just for me?
Maybe neither. I ran a 184 mile load today and no First Out, but it did put me 35 miles from home!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Excellent. I'm not that far away. Look for me this weekend. :D

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hey, you were in the neighborhood last year but got sick. Invitation is still standing for this year. Christmas lunch will be about 13:00 real time. Give me a call.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just tracked your Monday load. You know you are on it. I know you are on it. Apparently Panther doesn't know you are on it. As of 20:15 the website is showing nobody on it.

sweetcdngirl

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
US Army
We dont do loads for first outs, and we constantly tell Panther that. It really don't help you, and the first crappy load they send you, you lose that first out. I agree that it is agravating to sit for days and watch trucks get out before you because they were offered a first out to get a load covered. They need to stop doing this.