First out and what ever

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
1] FIRST OUT WHAT A BUNCH, STOP THIS PRACTICE YOU DELIVER, YOUR ON THE BOARD IN WhAT EVER POSITION YOUR IN ,STUPID PRACTICE AND THE ONLY COMP. THAT USES IT .
2] PERCENTAGES ARE YOU KIDDING ME YOU CAN TAKE 10 LOADS AND BE A 100% REFUSE 3 CRAP LOADS GOIN 70,101.48 MILES AND YOUR DOWN TO 65% YOU PEOPLE NEED TO LOOK AROUND YOUVE GOT GOOD TEAMS SITTIN AND THEY WANT YOU TO TAKE A LOAD TO NOWHERE AND SIT AGAIN FOR 24HRS.
COUSTOMER SERVICE NEEDS TO GET OUT AND LOOK FOR LOADS THAT HAVE SOME MEAT ON THEM.
WHY DO I HAVE TO DO MY JOB 100% PICK UP DRIVE SAFELY AND DELIVER ON TIME AND WHILE IM ON THE WAY THERE I GET A CALL WONDERING WHY IM RUNNING BEHIND AND THEN AFTER THEY CHECK THE SEE THAT THEY DID NOT SEND THE MESSAGE TO DELIVER DIRECT THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME,OR THE LAST BUT IT IS GETTING OLD YOU DONT GET AN APPOLOGY THEY JUST DONT CALL BACK BECAUSE THEY KNOW THERE WRONG AND THEY DONT WANT TO MAKE A WAVE THATS GOING TO COME BACK AND HAUNT THEM BUT IF YOU SCREW UP SHAME ON YOU IVE HAVE DRIVEN FOR 32 YEARS OVER THE ROAD HAULED EVERYTHING AT LEAST ONCE.LAST COMP. IWORKED FOR YOU TALKED TO THE SAME DISPATCHER EVRYTIME YOU CALLED THERE IN THE DAYTIME AND THE SAME NIGHT DISPATCHER AT NIGHT WHEN YOU CALL, HERE YOU GET A DIFFERNT PERSON EVERYTIME TIGHTEN UP AND SOMEDAY YOU WILL BE A GREAT COPMANY YOU JUST NEED TO GET A REAL LOOK AT WHAT ITS LIKE OUT HERE RUNNING A TRUCK FOR A WEEK AND COLECTING MONEY FOR THE NEEDY IS A GREAT IDEA, BUT YOU NEED TO LIVE OUT HERE FOR A MONTH,COOKING AND EATING IN THE TRUCK , TALKING TO THE DRIVERS THAT ARE SITTING IN LAREDO, CIN,OHIO OR SOME OTHER CRAPPY PILOT.HIRE PEOPLE WHO HAVE LIVED OUT HERE,PUT THEM IN YOUR DISPATCH OFFICE,YOU MIGHT HAVE TO PAY THEM BUT YOU'LL HAVE GOOD PEOPLE EX DRIVERS AND SUCH I WISH PANTHER A LOT OF LUCK AND I HOPE THEY TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS MESSAGE AND GET AN INSIDE LOOK AT WHATS GOING ON.
TTRUCK KEEPIN IT REAL

Last edited:

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
I kinda agree with ya. I get atleast 2 or more a day with low miles and DH miles more than the actual paid miles. Seems like Panther would pay more or give a bonus of $50+ to take these loads or not bid or accept them to start with.

But I also agree something needs to be done with dispatch. There alot of good people but there are a few that isnt. Anytime you have a problem and you call in expect to wait for an hour or more to get the problem resolved. After 30 minutes I generally call or ask on the QC if the problem was resolved and when I do I get another dispatcher asking what I was talking about and I will have to re-tell the story . Gets old fast having to repeat yourself many times.

For example today. Was at consignee. All my paperwork lead to a different address and city that the QC had. Dispatch told me to go to QC address. Went there. They said it did not belong there and it went to the BOL address that the PO's didnt match. They called that other company to confirm and it was confirmed that it was correct I was at the wrong address. I called dispatch and told them the problem. Let dispatch know that the consignee at the QC address called the other address and confirmed I was at the wrong spot. They told me they will talk to the customer. 1 hour goes by. Still nothing. I called the 2nd consignee myself and it was confirmed by me and I gave dispatch the number to call themselves. They again told me it went to the original address. Long story short. It took 3 and 1/2 hours to get this simple problem fixed. I probably talked to 5 or more people in this time span. I had no cell service in the mountains but the QC worked. If 1 dispatcher stopped what they were doing and went after the problem they could of easily fixed the problem very shortly. Lets just say I was highly mad when waiting 3 1/2 hours.

I think each set of drivers needs the same dispatcher night or day to fix all these problems having to talk to multiple people. Maybe 1 dispatcher per 5-7 trucks should work out fine.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
2] PERCENTAGES ARE YOU KIDDING ME YOU CAN TAKE 10 LOADS AND BE A 100% REFUSE 3 CRAP LOADS GOIN 70,101.48 MILES AND YOUR DOWN TO 65%

10 loads, 3 refusals = 70%. 3÷10 = .30. 100% - 30% = 70%.
Always check the driver website under your "availability" after refusing a load to see if you got charged with a legitimate refusal. Less than rate loads, dispatched more than 8 hours and more than 40% deadhead should not count as a refusal. But it is up to you to verify and get any incorrect refusals changed.

And yeah, it would be nice if they would just pay a decent rate for a mini and eliminate first outs except for dry runs.

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Screw panther and ther first outs 2 more came in today im tired of IT im on the way home to look else where every time i get to laredo this happens christmas SAT 4 days and i just drove out, in those 4 days 11 first outs came in what a crap idea this is whoever thought of this hurts there whole family with stupidity,

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
...every time i get to laredo this happens christmas SAT 4 days and i just drove out,
Every time I juggle bowling balls I get hurt. I quit juggling bowling balls but still get hurt on occasion, but never in Laredo.

dletheridge

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
I thought I read in the council meeting notes that the subject of first outs have been brought up. Fuzzy memory says that it was suggested that it be eliminated and that Panther was looking into it.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just re-read the most recent edition of Panther Paws and didn't find anything regarding First Outs. I did find this cutting edge news: We have reached the end of another year and what an interesting / challenging / transformational one this has been. It is amazing to think about all the issues that transpired in 2008. What started out as an “isolated” sub-prime mortgage issue
quickly morphed into a full-blown recession with some of America’s most venerable institutions either going out of business or begging Washington for money to stay alive.

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
1] FIRST OUT WHAT A BUNCH, STOP THIS PRACTICE YOU DELIVER, YOUR ON THE BOARD IN WhAT EVER POSITION YOUR IN ,STUPID PRACTICE AND THE ONLY COMP. THAT USES IT .
2] PERCENTAGES ARE YOU KIDDING ME YOU CAN TAKE 10 LOADS AND BE A 100% REFUSE 3 CRAP LOADS GOIN 70,101.48 MILES AND YOUR DOWN TO 65% YOU PEOPLE NEED TO LOOK AROUND YOUVE GOT GOOD TEAMS SITTIN AND THEY WANT YOU TO TAKE A LOAD TO NOWHERE AND SIT AGAIN FOR 24HRS.
COUSTOMER SERVICE NEEDS TO GET OUT AND LOOK FOR LOADS THAT HAVE SOME MEAT ON THEM.
WHY DO I HAVE TO DO MY JOB 100% PICK UP DRIVE SAFELY AND DELIVER ON TIME AND WHILE IM ON THE WAY THERE I GET A CALL WONDERING WHY IM RUNNING BEHIND AND THEN AFTER THEY CHECK THE SEE THAT THEY DID NOT SEND THE MESSAGE TO DELIVER DIRECT THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME,OR THE LAST BUT IT IS GETTING OLD YOU DONT GET AN APPOLOGY THEY JUST DONT CALL BACK BECAUSE THEY KNOW THERE WRONG AND THEY DONT WANT TO MAKE A WAVE THATS GOING TO COME BACK AND HAUNT THEM BUT IF YOU SCREW UP SHAME ON YOU IVE HAVE DRIVEN FOR 32 YEARS OVER THE ROAD HAULED EVERYTHING AT LEAST ONCE.LAST COMP. IWORKED FOR YOU TALKED TO THE SAME DISPATCHER EVRYTIME YOU CALLED THERE IN THE DAYTIME AND THE SAME NIGHT DISPATCHER AT NIGHT WHEN YOU CALL, HERE YOU GET A DIFFERNT PERSON EVERYTIME TIGHTEN UP AND SOMEDAY YOU WILL BE A GREAT COPMANY YOU JUST NEED TO GET A REAL LOOK AT WHAT ITS LIKE OUT HERE RUNNING A TRUCK FOR A WEEK AND COLECTING MONEY FOR THE NEEDY IS A GREAT IDEA, BUT YOU NEED TO LIVE OUT HERE FOR A MONTH,COOKING AND EATING IN THE TRUCK , TALKING TO THE DRIVERS THAT ARE SITTING IN LAREDO, CIN,OHIO OR SOME OTHER CRAPPY PILOT.HIRE PEOPLE WHO HAVE LIVED OUT HERE,PUT THEM IN YOUR DISPATCH OFFICE,YOU MIGHT HAVE TO PAY THEM BUT YOU'LL HAVE GOOD PEOPLE EX DRIVERS AND SUCH I WISH PANTHER A LOT OF LUCK AND I HOPE THEY TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS MESSAGE AND GET AN INSIDE LOOK AT WHATS GOING ON.
TTRUCK KEEPIN IT REAL

............ thank you............

may i buy you a coffee?? :) wel said...... my thoughts exactly

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I hope you collected any detention time and of course the extra stop pay.

its not right........
when you go to a swap point......
and you are very very much on time..... and have to wait hours and hours for other truck to show up that is very late.......
NO dentention time there....... panther wont do that.
not right.

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I kinda agree with ya. I get atleast 2 or more a day with low miles and DH miles more than the actual paid miles. Seems like Panther would pay more or give a bonus of $50+ to take these loads or not bid or accept them to start with.

But I also agree something needs to be done with dispatch. There alot of good people but there are a few that isnt. Anytime you have a problem and you call in expect to wait for an hour or more to get the problem resolved. After 30 minutes I generally call or ask on the QC if the problem was resolved and when I do I get another dispatcher asking what I was talking about and I will have to re-tell the story . Gets old fast having to repeat yourself many times.

For example today. Was at consignee. All my paperwork lead to a different address and city that the QC had. Dispatch told me to go to QC address. Went there. They said it did not belong there and it went to the BOL address that the PO's didnt match. They called that other company to confirm and it was confirmed that it was correct I was at the wrong address. I called dispatch and told them the problem. Let dispatch know that the consignee at the QC address called the other address and confirmed I was at the wrong spot. They told me they will talk to the customer. 1 hour goes by. Still nothing. I called the 2nd consignee myself and it was confirmed by me and I gave dispatch the number to call themselves. They again told me it went to the original address. Long story short. It took 3 and 1/2 hours to get this simple problem fixed. I probably talked to 5 or more people in this time span. I had no cell service in the mountains but the QC worked. If 1 dispatcher stopped what they were doing and went after the problem they could of easily fixed the problem very shortly. Lets just say I was highly mad when waiting 3 1/2 hours.

I think each set of drivers needs the same dispatcher night or day to fix all these problems having to talk to multiple people. Maybe 1 dispatcher per 5-7 trucks should work out fine.

.............THANK UUU .............

i am sick and tired of repeating my story 5x .. cuz i get a different person everytime i call.