Fire truck drives through an 11-foot flood.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Notice how the siren goes out when they are engulfed by the waters. Expedite trucks should be able to do this....lol!

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Where the He** is the air breather mounted? I watched it 3 times and could not see it..Preety luck to get thru that,driver did a good job by keeping it moving.
Dont try it..Freind of mine just got a ticket for going thru water last week in Ohio. I beleive he said $175 fine..Charge was disobeying a traffic signal as he went around the road closed signs. (Yep his fault,,but ya cant tell him that)

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I am floored that it made it though that. Wonder if it was junk the next day?

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
I am floored that it made it though that. Wonder if it was junk the next day?

Some vehicles can be and are equipped with a snorkel kit as military trucks can be,,but I cant see it here. I'm sure the rad. was trashed and needed a good flushing.

stonewolf

Seasoned Expediter
On those izuzus the snorkel is pass side between the cab and body i tryed seein it as well but just befor you can see it there they lower the camara ... i love the fact he run thew it wipers goin

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thats the good thing about diesels as long as the intake is above the water it will run. Keep in mind most fire service vecicals are heavily modified.

Bob Wolf.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I would say it is junk unless everything electrical is built to be waterproof...could be? Of course, in a true emergency?

Monty

Expert Expediter
If you look closely as the truck passes the cam, the air intake is on the far side, between the cab and body. It extends above the cab of the truck.

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I had an Isuzu NPR a few years ago the snorkel was on the right side at the roof.

Last edited: