Financing

duwayne86

Seasoned Expediter
Would like to find a dealer that may have good used or semi new sprinter van for 100% financing? Thanks Duwayne Owens

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
100% Financing? I can't think of one company that would do that - at least one that is on the "up & Up". Most are going to ask that you have some skin in the game - 20% for starters. :penguin:

duwayne86

Seasoned Expediter
I didn't mean anybody I was looking for a dealer or a owner that would like to get out of his sprinter

duwayne86

Seasoned Expediter
I have been asking some friends if they would like to be investors, only for the down payment. All I need is to come up with about $5,000.00. Three for down and two for escrow.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I have been asking some friends if they would like to be investors, only for the down payment. All I need is to come up with about $5,000.00. Three for down and two for escrow.

Then once you're broke again after you pay the escrow what do you do? If you have to borrow a down payment then you just aren't ready and are destined to fail. You have no business putting your friends in such a horrible position. Just find someone to drive for and stay with then long term. After awhile they might sell the vehicle to you at a discounted rate.

Reactions: Unclebob

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
Lots of naysayers here. We bought our first truck with the last $500 to our name as the down payment. It was a seller-financed $34k purchase. We paid it off in 5 months and 27 days.....by working. Sold it, bought the next through a little more conventional means. Bought another since, and, in turn, am selling that one by carrying the note. Engine bit the dust on the second one, and we paid cash for the new one, plus weathered 7 weeks with zero revenue.

That path is not for the faint of heart. Not sure if I would do it again, knowing what little we knew then. We studied our trade, and worked hard. We also got a bit lucky.

Do your homework Duwayne. It can be done.

Reactions: Lawrence

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's great you were able to do that but people also have to keep in mind there is a huge difference in the st market and van market out here.

Reactions: ntimevan

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes ..its good to hear someone has a success story on an owner Finance vehicle sale... because its probrably a 50 fail to 1 success ratio .... IMO

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Lots of naysayers here. We bought our first truck with the last $500 to our name as the down payment. It was a seller-financed $34k purchase. We paid it off in 5 months and 27 days.....by working. Sold it, bought the next through a little more conventional means. Bought another since, and, in turn, am selling that one by carrying the note. Engine bit the dust on the second one, and we paid cash for the new one, plus weathered 7 weeks with zero revenue.

That path is not for the faint of heart. Not sure if I would do it again, knowing what little we knew then. We studied our trade, and worked hard. We also got a bit lucky.

Thanks for sharing. I agree - it can be down with hard work and motivation.

paullud

Veteran Expediter

Was this done in the last few years or awhile ago when rates were better matched with expenses? Wasn't this also done in a straight truck? He's talking about borrowing $5k for a down payment on a van which as we know is a completely different world.
I don't see an issue with owner financing because it is a great way for sellers to get more money for a truck that is a little older. As long as the terms are fair for both parties I would buy a truck through owner financing as a way to buy a cheaper truck.

duwayne86

Seasoned Expediter
I don't either! I would like to start off that way or just a driver. But for some reason not to many offers or coming my way to b a driver or owner to sale.