Finally!!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I am FINALLY back online with my NEW computer. Not what I wanted but what I could afford. It met, or exceeded, all my basic needs. It is MATTE!! :D A Samsung.

After 4 VERY annoying hours I got my antivirus set up! all is well in gaga land now!

greg334

Veteran Expediter
If you are smart, you wouldn't need an anti-virus application. Don't be like most people and click on every email and stick to sites that actually don't give viruses.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have had warnings etc from just about every site I have ever visited. It blocks all KINDS of junk.

I like having it.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Go with Ubuntu Linux and you'll be all-but impervious to viruses. In the exceedingly unlikely event you get one (most Ubuntu users have NEVER encountered one) the amount of damage it can do is very limited.

--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Go with Ubuntu Linux and you'll be all-but impervious to viruses. In the exceedingly unlikely event you get one (most Ubuntu users have NEVER encountered one) the amount of damage it can do is very limited.

--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

Does it run all the software I need to run? Like Delorme Street Atlas?

gospelriders

Seasoned Expediter
thanks, we are needing to get a laptop for the road as all we have now is a 7yr. old desktop that is squirrel powered:) have been trying to get some suggestions from reading posts in tech forum. by the way how do you get those quote boxes in the posts?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Right below each post are boxes. Like edit and there is one that says quote. Instead of clicking on 'reply' hit that 'quote' box and the quote will come up and then you put your reply in below. Ask Greg how to quote in other ways, I don't know how.