Fex/Ex CC

atomic

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
im looking to sign on with fed/ex c.c. as a solo driver can anyone tell me how they are is any one making money any help would be great thanks michael ill be driving a d uint for them

bret

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Not to discourage you, but being a solo driver with a big outfit will be challengeing. Big outfits are very impersonal and are only concerned about their statistics regarding time to P/U and DEL. With long runs, they tend to overlook you, in favor of a team, even though you could legally log the distance. If your committed to FedEX, I would talk with as many drivers as possible, to learn everything you can about their system.
Good Luck, Bret

G

I was on with fed ex cc for 3 yearsdrove team and single. At the start of this year I drove single stayed out for 2 months straight. came home for a weekend and back out. I was left stranded alot.Sitting for days at a time. for the 6 mo of this year after all was paid i had made 4000.00. I decided to give it up did not say anything to fed ex. They did not even try to get in touch with me to find out what happend. Finally i called them to let them to let them know i was quitting. they did not want to know why. they just said ok. This is a company that cares about their contractors????. I think not.

Kyle O

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have trucks with the big 3 and I would agree with Bret about FedEx. I have run single drivers in diferent power units at different times of the year. It is nearly impossible for them to be consistently profitable. The more flexible the carrier in terms of log book restrictions and the fewer overall teams they have signed are a couple of variables that might help your decision.