Feeling Guilty

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've been feeling guilty lately. Being Catholic, guilt comes naturally. At first I thought it was due to the law suit against Panther, me profiting at the expense of my carrier, my partner. The guilt seems to run deeper than just that. It seems to emanate from the very core of my profession, expediting.

We all realize expediting is one of the least efficient modes of transporting goods. I'm sure most of us have hauled the single envelope or small box, even you T/T drivers. One shipment at a time, only occasionally maxed out volume or weight-wise. Not very efficient. Not very green. Not eco-friendly at all, that's for sure. I've been part of this industry for many years that wastes fuel and pollutes. All for what? So someone, somewhere can get something a little sooner. I think of my children, my children's children and their children. I think of Sally Struthers and others Struthers. We are ruining the planet, killing our mother and their mother, Mother Earth.

I have often wondered how I can give back. I recycle whenever possible. I don't needlessly idle my van. I wear socks and underwear made of hemp. I quit raising chinchillas. There must be something more I can do. Something that would make a real positive impact and help our mother, Mother Earth.

While waiting for a train at a rail crossing this morning it hit me! Not the train, but a message on the side of a container:

eco container
bamboo flooring

Wow, bamboo flooring! How green is that! Bamboo is like sustainable, ya know. Its like a member of the grass family, a really, really big member. Just think if you could smoke it. Double wow! I wouldn't need my hemp undies anymore. When I get home I'm going to gut my van and go green. I'm putting in a bamboo floor just like the nice container people at CMA CGM. If bamboo flooring can assuage these people's guilt, think what it will do for little ol me.

I'm not stopping at bamboo flooring. I'm getting my router out and making bamboo E-track and bamboo wheel chocks. Bamboo will also be used on the side walls and ceiling. I'm saving the planet one van at a time with my eco-friendly mean, green machine.

Attachments

• Eco Container.jpg
    Eco Container.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 58

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
No need to go green Moot. It is all a hoax.
global-warming-hoax.jpg

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I'm confused [and guilty, thanks, Moot!] Is that cargo container hauling bamboo flooring, or using it?
If the latter, it's got a nicer and more expensive floor than in my sleeper!
Now I'm depressed, too.
But at least I don't wear hemp underwear, that sounds pretty itchy. :eek:

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Time for an experienced Safety person to step in and implement the mandatory drug testing regulations. Moot, can you identify each of the NIDA-5 drugs I have placed in front of you on the table?

You have successfully passed this drug test.

:)

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
Time for an experienced Safety person to step in and implement the mandatory drug testing regulations. Moot, can you identify each of the NIDA-5 drugs I have placed in front of you on the table?

You have successfully passed this drug test.

:)

Ummmm the table looks empty

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Moot is now wearing underwear made of psilocybin mushrooms.

hossman2011

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
BLAH BLAH BLAH save the planet blah blah blah inefficient.... global warming and environmental issues have all been proven to be BS. But I bet you get alot of attention payed to your crotch at border check points.... LOL

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Moot,

This idea may assauge some of your guilt, but you also need to post a sign on your van announcing what you've done, so then you feel good too.

eb

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
i have bamboo in yard you may come cut down all you want and my friend i will load the truck for you