Fedx considering option of a flat rate for strt and tt

pellgrn

Expert Expediter
I have a good friend of mine who drivers a Fed van and got a letter saying something about fixed rates for strts and tt as a option.I called Fedx,i am considering making a switch over there with one of my teams and this was confirmed but was light on details,like what the flat rate who be.My good friend threw his letter out cause he's a van,just wondering if there was a mention of the rate in the letter.To be clear,this is not in effect or my never be.I am not bashing,or trying to start a hurtful rumor.Just wondering if anyone with the letter can comment on the rate,if there's even one in the letter.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
I am very skeptical of this,as I haven't heard anything to indicate that FECC is even remotely considering this plan.

I mean why would someone who drives a van for them get a letter on a subject that has no bearing on their rates,and yet people on here that do drive the affected vehicles (myself included) have not received anything?

I really think some people have nothing better to do with their time than starting silly rumors. JMO.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Well, yes....but.... no.... DD you should have got the letter, I did.... at this time its only offered to tractors attached to certain areas/customers that can be hard to book. It is an option to cover those lower paying runs, and/or short mile runs that so many refuse.

They would agree to be semi-dedicated to certain lanes and/or customers, in exchange for a guaranteed flat all miles rate.

It is not offered to B, C or D units yet, but may be.

Dale

Seasoned Expediter
Do you know what the flat rate would be for tractor trailers. Im looking in to bringing unit to them. Thanks for any information

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
If you have a E unit, you can call recruiting, they can give details. the rate varies per area.

Dale

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
If you have a E unit, you can call recruiting, they can give details. the rate varies per area.

Dale

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
I am very skeptical of this,as I haven't heard anything to indicate that FECC is even remotely considering this plan.

I mean why would someone who drives a van for them get a letter on a subject that has no bearing on their rates,and yet people on here that do drive the affected vehicles (myself included) have not received anything?

I really think some people have nothing better to do with their time than starting silly rumors. JMO.

The link is on the first page of the extranet when you log in.

easyrider2697

Expert Expediter
Phil, I believe that was "sarcasm".....at least I hope it was....:confused:

well the WOW was sarcasm..and the other part..well not so much...this is strictly my opinion, with no secret information..but..first it was the vans..now its slowly being offered to the "e" units...next will be the "C" and "D" units...specialty units will not be effected....but I feel that in only a matter of time..all units at FECC will be on a flat rate sysyem except for those with speciality units.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Easy wrote:

WOW..someones really kicking it up a notch in the pay!!...

ALL of that is sarcasm I hope....as for the rest, yea i can see how one would think it is "writing on the wall".....

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I believe that's plus FSC all miles, currently .2917 for E units. No opinion or comments expressed, just a statement.

pellgrn

Expert Expediter
Thanks Dreamer,i should have pmed you or many of the other Fedx people on this site.I was gonna start the ups/fedx/or insert a name is buying panther with them going public and all and really waste very ones time.That's a joke of course,however back about 3-4 yrs ago there was quite a buzz.My favorite line was ups is gonna buy fedx and form fedup.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
LoL pellgrn, I still get people at docks asking me about Fedup :) .

Nah, the new flat rate trial is not a secret, but you know how rumor mills are. The difference will be that these folk will know more of what they're doing, instead of waiting on the traditional expedite freight. They will be mostly for the customers who want Fedex to guarantee a truck for X amount of runs a day (local) or so many days a week. More scheduled, but they still want Fedexcc. For instance, some have already seen daycabs running around Atlanta. Im sure New York City will be another... get a semi dedicated driver who doesnt mind NYC.

Should not affect regular expedite runs much, just those hard to cover ones.

Dale

greg334

Veteran Expediter
So Dale, it seems this move will also happen to the regional operators who take care of 'regular' customers like Pittsburgh paint and LG, right?