FedEx

The Hound

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
FECC

Kiz, you must be brand new to the system. Roberts has cornered the market on giving contractors and drivers an increasing share of their decreasing market. What amazes me is, where do they keep coming up with new units for orientation week after week??? FECC (Roberts) is putting a lot of decent but naive people into bankruptcy. Keep in mind that year in and year out that 25 percent of the contractors make 70 percent of the revenue. Some of the reason for this is because their turnover rate approaches 60 percent. recruiters will never tell you this because, after all they get paid for recruiting. Must close for now. will post more facts and suggestions another time.

Beaker

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
RE: FECC

Unless you're an insider or married to one, where does the 60% turnover rate come from? That doesn't make sense if you look at the numbers. If the fleet size is 2000 and you're turning over 60% (or 1200) of the contractors, that means that we've all driven for them or will at some time.

Where do you come up with the "fact" that their market is decreasing? Are you saying that their solution to turning around their losses is by adding more trucks?

They're putting people into bankruptcy? Where's the facts? If I was riding on a sinking ship, I'd jump over to a different ship long before something like that happened. If the OO doesn't have the business sense to do the same, I see it as their own fault.

You say "25% of the contractors make 70% of the revenue..." Where's the facts?

I'd say that if all the theories that you've mentioned above are true, FECC is the one on the way into bankruptcy and all other expedite companies should be rejoicing for the constant flow of new OO's and business.

Sorry Hound, without facts to back your comments, all this is just another conspiracy theory.

The Hound

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

Beaker, regarding the turnover rate, the statement is accurate for the past 27 months. Regarding your statement that Roberts would be going bankrupt, they probably would if all of a sudden they were unable to recruit enough trucks to offset the turnover rate. AS for actual testimony regarding our conversation, try congregating 1200-1300 O/O under one roof and ask for genuine feedback. You'll be amazed by the level of overall discontent. By the way, I have a feeling you could this type of meeting if you so desired!

The Hound

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

Sorry Beaker, I meant to type in "arrange this type of meeting" on my last posting.

Bob and Hooligan

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

Fact: I have been working for them for several years now.

Fact: My income has increased slightly each year.

Do I like everything they do? No!

You can ask O/O from any company and they will have negative things to say. Try concentrating on the good. Where can you work part-time and make the money you do?

I like what I do, and make a fair living at it.

Beaker

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

>"....the statement is accurate for the past 27 >months."

This is still hearsay. Just because you claim it is accurate does not mean it is factual. Think about it Hound---It doesn't make any sense when you figure the numbers out. Besides if it were true, it would be front page news on many expedite web-sites.

>"....Regarding your statement that Roberts would be going bankrupt, they probably would if all of a sudden they were unable to recruit enough trucks to offset the turnover rate."

This would be true of ANY company under those circumstances.

>"....AS for actual testimony regarding our conversation, try congregating 1200-1300 O/O under one roof and ask for genuine feedback. You'll be amazed by the level of overall discontent."

No, I wouldn't be amazed at all. I see & hear it all the time.

And no, I don't desire a meeting for the purpose of complaining or griping. Years of complaining and griping has gotten us nowhere. Why not get together for a meeting of ideas and encouragement? It seems as though that is what is needed.