??FedEx/Panther PAY??

Timbo Houston

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
For my team drivers.
How much $$ are you getting per mile with FedEx and or Panther? What are your average miles a week?

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This is a touchy subject on here, discussing rates is like top secret government information on here. Everyone is scared to say actual numbers because they think everyone will jump ship to their carrier. :)

For a Sprinter/Cargo van on Panther last I checked was .80 cents a mile, Fed Ex I heard was paying 1.05-1.25 but that was probably just a rumor.

Perioodic

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This is a touchy subject on here, discussing rates is like top secret government information on here. Everyone is scared to say actual numbers because they think everyone will jump ship to their carrier. :)

For a Sprinter/Cargo van on Panther last I checked was .80 cents a mile, Fed Ex I heard was paying 1.05-1.25 but that was probably just a rumor.
It's not that it's a "touchy subject". I'll gladly talk about what I'm running for, but what I'm running for might not be what YOU are running for, or what HE or SHE is running for. Also, I could get 600 miles per week one week and 5000 the next. There is no "weekly average".

http://www.expeditersonline.com/forums/threads/how-much-money-we-make-in-expediting.69163/

Here's a video about how much a STR8 truck couple made last year that are running for an owner.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Gotcha its good to know someone is willing to discuss rates. Gathered up some info from carriers here online. Feel free to modify the list. I'm carrier shopping :snowboarder: Cheers everyone, seasons greetings stay warm :grinning:

Tristate $1 per mile for hi roof vans
All State .82
Square one 80%

A+ ?
V3 ?
PTL ?
TST ?
Roadrunner?

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Gotcha its good to know someone is willing to discuss rates. Gathered up some info from carriers here online. Feel free to modify the list. I'm carrier shopping :snowboarder: Cheers everyone, seasons greetings stay warm :grinning:

Tristate $1 per mile for hi roof vans
All State .82
Square one 80%

A+ ?
V3 ?
PTL ?
TST ?
Roadrunner?

Roadrunner has a hold on vans and quite the waiting list.

Undisputed King of Short Runs

Reactions: ntimevan

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Whats the catch with roadrunner why are people lining up for this carrier?
Because they have the most loads

They're just that good,

I have been at RRE for 22 months .. took almost 8 months waiting before that to get hired on ... they only keep around 40 spr-type vans leased on ... i have been waiting for 10 months now to put on 2 more vans ... But no openings ... yes they own the Active Aero load board ... in which alot of other Carriers get loads off of .... just very Pleasant and Proffessonal to work for ....

Sent from my SM-G900M using EO Forums mobile app

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What are the weekly deductions at roadrunner with insurance included? Are they running all 50 states or at least California loads in and out? Do they find you loads or do you bid on them through active aero.

Last edited:

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What are the weekly deductions at roadrunner with insurance included? Are they running all 50 states or at least California loads in and out? Do they find you loads or do you bid on them through active aero.
They put you on loads .... almost No Cali-loads ... and no Sprinters leased on ... with exception of a few that were grandfathered in before buy-out...

Sent from my SM-G900M using EO Forums mobile app

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It is a touchy subject because of how different carriers pay. Some pay percentage, some per loaded mile, some with different deadhead minimums, some with a separate fuel surcharge, others with the fsc included. Even a driver's contracted rate is subject to change do to bidding on loads. You could ask about gross pay per year, but that too is all over the place.

Its no big secret, its just any pay information we offer isn't very accurate. You can talk to recruiters and even they can't or won't give you accurate information. Your Panther info is incorrect, unless the last time you checked was 10 or 12 years ago. Panther's current contracted rate for cargo vans is .70/mile. If you call them Monday morning they will probably tell you they pay .80/mile, but that includes the current fsc. Come Tuesday they could be paying .81/mile or possibly .79/mile. January it could be up to 1.00/mile. Panther also pays all deadhead miles but that rate changes also.

Reactions: ntimevan

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yea but the question remains, how often do they put 3,000 lbs or for that matter 2,500 lbs in that Promaster?

Not often, buts it's their playing field. I can do 2750 in my crappy ford and only once in 3 years have I carried 2500

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
RR is unwavering...3,000 load capacity, Hence very few if any Sprinters make the cut... Thats life
Yea but the question remains, how often do they put 3,000 lbs or for that matter 2,500 lbs in that Promaster?
the question is..How many DOT Inspections in a non DOT vehicle does one need in a year?.....LOL
Its just a company policy...

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It is a touchy subject because of how different carriers pay. Some pay percentage, some per loaded mile, some with different deadhead minimums, some with a separate fuel surcharge, others with the fsc included. Even a driver's contracted rate is subject to change do to bidding on loads. You could ask about gross pay per year, but that too is all over the place.

Its no big secret, its just any pay information we offer isn't very accurate. You can talk to recruiters and even they can't or won't give you accurate information. Your Panther info is incorrect, unless the last time you checked was 10 or 12 years ago. Panther's current contracted rate for cargo vans is .70/mile. If you call them Monday morning they will probably tell you they pay .80/mile, but that includes the current fsc. Come Tuesday they could be paying .81/mile or possibly .79/mile. January it could be up to 1.00/mile. Panther also pays all deadhead miles but that rate changes also.

Moot the .80 was with the surcharge not sure if the surcharge has gone up again but that was last time I checked five or take a few cents. I heard people say that it was as low as .75 with the surcharge, I wouldn't call that premium pay. They aren't letting anyone on unless you have a new van. And its pretty much forced dispatch, don't think I'll go back. I like a carrier that sees the value in High roof vans.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Moot the .80 was with the surcharge not sure if the surcharge has gone up again but that was last time I checked five or take a few cents. I heard people say that it was as low as .75 with the surcharge, I wouldn't call that premium pay. They aren't letting anyone on unless you have a new van. And its pretty much forced dispatch, don't think I'll go back. I like a carrier that sees the value in High roof vans.
I can't think of one carrier thats does that anymore....the Old Express1 was one of the last to pay a premium for anything over 48" high ....9 feet long or over 2,000 lbs....

Now we haul straight truck loads at cargo van prices...Thank you Carriers and brokers....for picking our pockets...