fedex cc owners or drivers need a question answer

wombat4412

Seasoned Expediter
i am no new come,s to this industry been driving trucks for 35+ years road trains general freight and the last 5 years expedite but what i want to know is this i opps i should say we being a team was with conway now up till a few months ago then the sellout came as we all know the decision for me was panther 11 who i was once leased to or else where there was another choice but i try but nope.
so a very good friend of mine yes you all know him very well he is a real descent guy in my books and a heart of gold got me to sign on with the CC yes i can think for myself but i looked into it and decided to go for it

but my question is this most of the freight we are only being offered is single freight or special account freight you know the low paying stuff or a heck of a lot of canadian freight look i do not mind going into canada now & again but my problem no actually USA customs problem is i am a aussie with a green card ( citzen almost ) we get to the border show it park it sir go inside why i cannot work it out i got green card fast card but thursday for example came across at buffalo spend the next ten minutes inside with usa customs but we are accepting some these loads but my load acception is down plus last night pam my partner worked out something on the business pages from the 25th of oct to current our dead miles are at or around 48% of the truck income yes i know we all got to do our share of deadhead miles to service the customer but most of our loads are like wednesday night load over 100 miles away i just want to know is this the same with other owners or drivers out there we got christmas coming & we all know after christmas the freight drys up a little & like a good little wombat i need to store $$$$$ over these cold & slow months i am not in no way knocking fedex cc but we are a team where is the team freight ???

wombat 35+ years trucking
ooida member for 5 yrs
ex road train industry
landstar express
panther 11
conway now
fedex cc
conway now

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
RE: fedex cc owners or drivers need a question ans

In case you weren't told, most of expedited freight averages under 500 loaded miles,and you could have that many empty miles to get layed over.
All the carriers have their discounted loads,it's not just fedexcc.
Main reason teams are needed is,your going to average over 500 miles a day with the loaded, empty, and layover miles.
I guess it's the reason for in most cases the high mileage pay.
Going by the extranet,my loads avg over 700 miles,but thats with dead head to load and layover

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

Basic question but does Fedex know of and have Pam qualifed as a co driver for team runs. Things slip through the cracks all the time,it is best from time to time to call and review your qualifications and truck equipment. You can also do that on the Fedex Xtra Net site.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

I would agree with Rich. That is paramount that she is qualified as a team driver. I would also inquire with other drivers about your 48 percent deadhead. That sounds excessively high. Maybe some could help you out once they review your runs ect.

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter

yes,if your at FED EX C C, you could get over 40% dead head ,especially when you count dh to lay over and dh to pick up,thats why we all balked at loosing the old surcharge.It was then easier to loose those miles,but, even with that empty percentage,you should still make more, than working anywhere else,and I'm talking,bottom line,you know,after expenses.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

Not sure on tractors as I don't follow them that close. As for straights, I would have to disagree.

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator