FedEx CC Or PantherII

tec1959

Expert Expediter
Hey just wondering if someone can give me some feedback on which company to put on a D Unit with,I'd like the pro's and con's with each please.I was with Roberts and Fedex for about 7 yrs but that was a few yrs ago and i know there's been alot of changes,And i know nothing about PantherII but for what i've read here in the posts...Thanks Everyone...

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Generally I hear FX is very good for teams and not so good for solos while Panther seems to be pretty good either way. I've never run for FX so I can't say firsthand, just what I read on here and hear talking to others. Good luck.

Leo Bricker, owner trucks 3034, 4958
OOIDA 677319
73's K5LDB
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Personally I believe all of the larger carriers are exclusively geared toward team drivers. That is not to say that they don't provide opportunities for solo drivers, but their structure is designed to attract team drivers. One look at the FedEx brochure that outlines the income potentials for solo drivers versus team drivers clearly shows the direction larger carriers would have you to go.

That is good thing for me, because I prefer to run solo and that brings me back to those companies that have good opportunities for single units.

Drop me an email and I will follow up with my pick.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Both carriers are well represented in the forums in addition to a wealth of information in the archives.

Davekc
owner
21 years
PantherII
EO moderator

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
>Personally I believe all of the larger carriers are
>exclusively geared toward team drivers. That is not to say
>that they don't provide opportunities for solo drivers, but
>their structure is designed to attract team drivers. One
>look at the FedEx brochure that outlines the income
>potentials for solo drivers versus team drivers clearly
>shows the direction larger carriers would have you to go.
>
>That is good thing for me, because I prefer to run solo and
>that brings me back to those companies that have good
>opportunities for single units.
>
>Drop me an email and I will follow up with my pick.

I am a solo driver....... i like it this way.... for now anyways.
I have someone who maybe teaming with me..... but I am waiting on her to get her CDL or Class B.. and she is needing some training and schooling on all this ..... soo this is gonna take alil bit.. mean time..... I like solo.. cause. i like sleeping with the truck sitting still..... can come and go when i want..... no one to answer too..... or pit stops..... here and there...... or. etc......

stanleyshenko

Seasoned Expediter
Myself, where I am right now, running solo with FX is just fine. Based in NJ and running NYC brings in the cash I need. All depends on what you are looking for.

Of course, I wouldn't mind running out west either if I was teamed.

Stanley

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Everyone has their niche but I wouldn't think there is a long line looking for your gig.
That can be a good thing.
It certainly wouldn't be my cup of tea.
But, someone has to do it.

Davekc
owner
21 years
PantherII
EO moderator