FedEX C.C vs White glove.

jalapenokid

Expert Expediter
Greetings to all,
I need the help of all of you pros in the expeditting arena, question is:
Can any one provide any info on differences between FedEx C.C. and White glove divisions potential average revenues? Talking about a Team versus a Single driver straight truck 22' box and White Glove qualified.
Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Regards to all, and have you selves a fine day, a fine ride and a safe trip.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We are defiantly not Pro's so have been pondering your question.
Your question is very difficult to answer the way you have stated it. I do not have the figures with me at this time but I am hoping someone will post that has the brochure that is provided by FedEx recruiters on average income for teams and solo. Are you saying you or your truck is White Glove qualified? There are several qualifications for the truck and also for the drivers. You will find from reading the forums that it appears you will do better as a team.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
if you have the right equitment, it give's you many more choices for load's

with a refer you will be able to do loads that need to be kept from freezing or kept cool

with regular fedexcc if you didn't have the refer box and lift qate you wouldn't be offered those load

and if you are a single driver and do a 300 mile run you are done for most part
with a team other driver could do that run and you made more money

now comes the hard part do you spend all that money and to start out with or wait unit you get the next truck

and most important part how do you get along with the person that is going to be co driver, is it your wife, or a good friend

one of my cousin drives for overnight in richmond va
before he came off the road with his partner they had been tograther
25 years as co driver's

there is alot to think about

Tweetie

Seasoned Expediter
Very touchy subject to be talked about on an open forum. If you know someone in both divisions you might want to call them personally. You should contact your recruter or C.C. for this information.
FedEx CC O/O 22 years

nighttrain

Seasoned Expediter
well for starters being a single driver there are some loads you cannot take compared to teams. as for white glove vs regular unit
was in both and seemed like we got better paying runs being a white glove w/reefer unit w/liftgate then i did in the regular unit.
and also it seemed like we werent sitting as much as a regular unit did.
is no longer with fecc but if i were to go back doing what i was doing would prefer a white glove truck
just because it seemed like we got more runs plus also it depends on what the owner is paying,
if they are paying fuel or you are
(if i were to go back though would only go with my last owner but it wouldnt be in their w/g truck)
i hope this isnt to confusing
it must be early cause i dont make any sense x(

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
1st and foremost,if your a single driver, you wont get into w/g
the w/g solos that are running,are there because they have had their co-drivers quit,or just get off the truck for a run or two,or they are getting another co-driver,and the reason this is,w/g doesnt transfer freight
now as far as rates,I'm not going into actual price,but as a straight truck,you will see much better revenue,as an E unit,the difference between w/g and surface isnt that noticable,except most w/g loads are longer than surface loads
now,if your going into refridgerated,this will increase your income even with the added expense of the equipment

jalapenokid

Expert Expediter
Hi,
Back again, just a short note to say tank you to all of you that answered to my difficult question. Just came out of orientation from FedEx C.C. I purchased a 2003 KW T300, (Formally W/G unit) Cummings ISG engine, automatic trans, 96" sleeper, lift puller axle, air landing gear, 4400# lift gate, rig master generator, and all W/G equipment on truck. I will be driving with my best friend and long time driver on one of my cargo vans. I think that after I go to Lansing to ger my truck's plates (Michigan) is all we need to be ready for our first load. ( God help us ) My unit number is D6831, will be looking fordward to have a nice time driving and meeting some or all of you down the road. Coffe will be on me. O.K. a donnut too.

We will be driving for C.C. and I think after our first load, our recruiter will make an application for W/G divission. On another point, I will answer to all of you that P.M me, as soonest I can figure out how to open the P.M.'s (LOL), and properely respond. again, thank you all.
Be safe, have a fine ride and a safe trip. And remember, God loves you.
SEMPER FI!!!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Jalapenokid: if you haven't figured it out yet, to read the PMs, just click on the subject line, or the notice saying there is a msg in your inbox, and to reply, just click on reply at the bottom of the msg, or the little icon that looks like paper & pencil, below the name of the person you're sending it to. Good luck with your new team thing!

jalapenokid

Expert Expediter
Hi,
Good and valid question if it comes from a brother MARINE, please PM me and we can talk, I will offer you an answer.
Regards, and,
SEMPER FI!!!

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
i sent you a pm i caught a lil attitude from a moderater for my previous post but it was worth it to get to pick on of my brothers.

Dispatched

Not a Member
>You two boots got a service # 1485912

Uh HuH !!

4iczg21.jpg

Dispatched

Not a Member
The better half appreciated your + comments.

I actually had to show her your post.

I keep telling her HOT...... she says "warm" at best

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Hey - I resemble that remark! :+
Note to self: never, EVER tell Terry anything again...tell Rene instead, cause she knows how to keep her mouf shut! ;)