fedex adding trucks

mustang

Expert Expediter
just heard fedex is increasing their fleet size to 2500 trucks, but havent heard how they plan on increasing their business, to justify this increase. any comments?

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have also heard that from a guy who lives in the Akron area and is very close to Fedex personnel.They want the fleet to be at 2500 by the 4th Quarter.

Ridgerunner

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Fedex is just getting ready for their big contract nonrenewal season. You know, those people that want to have a life in addition to being on the road. Fedex needs people whose life IS Fedex. Like Troadgirl.

Ridgerunner

I look forward to God's judgement...

Leviticus ch. 20 verse 13 reads;

"If a man also lie with mankind as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon THEM." (emphasis mine)

bret

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Her life is wearing out many sets of kneepads at the home office!

G

Is this anything different then any of the other companies are doing? They all try to lease on tons of new trucks for their busy season. They don't care that there is probably going to only be one load for every three trucks, Just that they cover every load that they get.................... This isn't anything new.

mustang

Expert Expediter
hi sam. youre right. its not news...its been going on for a long time. thats my point. they continue to add trucks but i dont see the same amount of effort there to produce new business or even care for their existing customer base. when was the last time you saw a sales rep at the shipping or receiving office?

The Hound

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
The run count is just not there. Nobody there is sure why. Usually on Saturday morning there are several runs to dispatch for Monday. Not this past weekend. In fact, for the first time in a long time, they actually sent agents on the night shift home. Yes, we're all concerned!

doe.mouse

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
That is why I am leaving FEDEX C/C. Too much sitting around and when I got a run, it was a little one and paid nothing. I had C-link taken out today. I found a broker in my area who says he can keep me busy, so I am going to try it with him for awhile and see how I do.

mustang

Expert Expediter
doe.mouse...are you going to drive local around youngstown or still be longhaul? think ill be out of fedex pretty soon too, but not sure yet of where ill be going. best of luck on your new job. keep me posted.

doe.mouse

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I am signing on with a local exp. co. They said most of the freight is not really really rush rush. Deliver it when you get there. It is all east coast , Pays all miles loaded or empty. I will be home every couple days. The guy who owns the co. is a driver for Roadway. No satellite. They just use a cell phone and a pager. Says he can keep me as busy as I want. We'll see.