Fast Food , immigrants walk out,,ok,,,take your lunch

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I wondered how this would all play out, and it ended up going pretty much how I expected. A few business just closed up in support of the walkout. But many did not, and those who didn't show up for work simply got fired.

You can see what's happening with the protests and the activists, in how they go to great lengths to NOT differentiate between legal and illegal immigrants and immigration. They want to conflate to the two as being the same, so that people who are against illegal immigration are characterized as being against all immigrants. It's the same way that Trump calling Rosie a "fat pig" and Hillary a "nasty woman" got equated to Trump calling ALL women pigs and nasty.

Encore Boat Builders in Lexington, SC fired 21 people after telling them that if they didn't show up for work in Thursday or didn't call in with a plausible excuse (like being sick) that they would be terminated for a no-call/no-show.

Bradly Coatings in Nashville, TN fired 18 people for the same reason. They've got time sensitive contracts for painting and powder coating that can't be delayed.

The I Don't Care Bar and Grill in Catoosa, OK fired 12 people. One of the fired employees got an epic text message from the owner: "You and your family are fired. I hope you enjoyed your day off, and you can enjoy many more. Love you."

Ethan Hutchins on Twitter

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
There might be an increase in mower sales this summer or teenagers mowing more lawns,,,could be...imho

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If I had a Landscaping contractor....I'd line them all up and ask for Green card/Visa proof before they worked on my estate....its what a good citizen should do....IMO

Then who will cut my grass? Weed? And trim the hedges? And of course sing as they work? By the way I didn't hire them. The HOA did.

Lost in Space.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
If I had a Landscaping contractor....I'd line them all up and ask for Green card/Visa proof before they worked on my estate....its what a good citizen should do....IMO

Then who will cut my grass? Weed? And trim the hedges? And of course sing as they work? By the way I didn't hire them. The HOA did.

Lost in Space.
it won't be American kids..they are far too lazy in most cases...

Edit: had a very bad personalization typo in there....Outch

Last edited:
Reactions: fastman_1

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The people who got fired are whining, "It's not fair!"

Too bad, snowflake. Work ethic.

One construction company fired about 20 bricklayers, including a longtime supervisor to whom the company donated materials and labor to help rebuild his house after he lost it in a fire. Loyalty goes both ways.

The thing is, in every case I've read about, every worker who was fired was told beforehand that if they didn't show up for work, or at least call in and tell them they wouldn't be in that day, they would be fired. And they were all shocked that it was true.

I have exactly as much sympathy for them as I for for an illegal alien who thinks they deserve to have legal status anyway.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'm looking forward to the upcoming "A Day Without Women" where women leave their jobs for a day to march. That will be fun. Like the world can't get along without women in the workplace. BBBWWWWAAAAHHHAAAAA!!!!

We should do a "Day Without Men" and watch the world come to a screeching halt.

JCH

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
I worked in construction with a roofing company they were hurt when everyone stayed home .... but they did hire contractors that were possibly illegal.... so ...well ...I guess that's what you get when you walk to close to the edge!!!
I think you work or out you go!!!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Today is A Day Without Women.

The Statue of Liberty went dark last night and women were all like, "Yasss! A Day Without Women!"

But the National Park Service was all like, "Sorry, no, we were just changing out a backup generator." :JC-hysterical:

Reactions: skyraider

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
There were a few schools that closed up today, many with only the night before as notice, and the parents who can't find last minute daycare are not happy. Oh, sure, the elitest white privilege folks can afford to take a paid day off and stay home with little Hunter and Chelsea, but not many of the regular folks.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yeah, wasn't it just last year a MAN was named woman of the year.